• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

P@H

Hc1

Mama Doe
Went in to get some treats for the buns today. Was expecting the inevitable "the rabbits need more hay" conversation and when I got there, they all had plenty :D

Yay!!!!!!!!!!

Thats great news! I complained about one of our P@H branches, cos there was noooooo hay and loaaaaaaaaaads of pellets, and the litter tray was stinking, and was loads of uneaten caecs all over..... the next time i went, they had no pellets, and loads of hay :)

I was in another store once and gasped and said to my hubby 'eeeeeeeeh look how many pellets theyve got thats shocking' and a member of staff said (under her breath) 'theyre supposed to stupid woman' and i said 'sorry, but you need to read up if you think that!!! they dont hardly have any hay and theres only two baby rabbits in there they dont need half a sack of pellets! they'll die in weeks being fed like that' and i walked out, i was sooo upset i cried :( If i'd had space, i'd have gone back in and bought those poor bunnies!!!!! I've not been back since either, altho im gonna have to cos i need sunshine munch for rupert and tia, shes noticed theres none left :shock: :lol:

Our p@h are fab, the buns are always clean with loads of hay and pellets are only fed twice a day. I have also been in when they when have refused a sale as the housing was inadequate. Ours also advise (strongly) vaccs, speying and neutering. Not all p@h's are bad:D

My local pets at home are really good. I heard them saying to someone buying a rabbit that they should get a handful of pellets a day and the rest should be hay and veg. I was really impressed.

I'm not often in our branch, but any time I have been it has been much better than what I've heard of elsewhere.

I'm not often in our branch, but any time I have been it has been much better than what I've heard of elsewhere.

If its the irvine one then I'm really impressed by it, and the people that work there. I got
My first hutch from there and it was faulty so was got really water damaged and was useless within a month a took pictures in and gave me a brand new hutch twice the size and price of the one I had. All staff really friendly and care a lot abou the animals! :thumb:

If its the irvine one then I'm really impressed by it, and the people that work there. I got
My first hutch from there and it was faulty so was got really water damaged and was useless within a month a took pictures in and gave me a brand new hutch twice the size and price of the one I had. All staff really friendly and care a lot abou the animals! :thumb:

Yes, it's the Irvine branch. One of the few times I let meyself glance at the bunnies what caught my eye was the fact they were all mucnhing hay like there's no tomorrow. I asked a member of staff which hay it was and it turned out to be thier basic bedding hay. Perhaps not the best, but they were eating a lot of it, and that is the right way to train a baby bunny's palate.

Back