• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My gentle old man, Dylan

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Excuse the mess - I took these before I cleaned the buns out.

Dylan5Feb2012.jpg

Dylan4Feb2012.jpg

Dylan2Feb2012.jpg

Dylan used to be dark. He went grey about four years ago. Not sure how old he is but I've had him a long time and he wasn't young when I adopted him. He is :love:

He is absolutely stunning, what a beautiful colour he is. :love: How old is Dylan?

He went that colour about four years ago - he was very dark before that. I'm not sure how old he is but he must be over eight. He came from a rescue where I went on to volunteer and I don't think they knew his age. He wasn't a young bun then and that was about seven years ago I think.

He has arthritis in his back legs and is on daily metacam. He isn't very active but if it's warm he will come out of the hutch. He can still climb the ramp in his two storey hutch and I put a snuggle safe up there when it's particularly cold. He often doesn't use it though.

He had a poorly eye earlier this year but it's healed up nicely. I thought it may be his teeth and was terrified I would lose him under a GA but it was an infection of his tear duct which cleared up with Baytril, bathing and my antibiotic eye drops (the vet suggested I use them).

I:love: Dylan. He has seen so many buns come and go in the time I have had him and he is never aggressive - he just accepts everybun. He is good having his metacam every night and was very brave when I had to give him eye drops and nasty Baytril (which I disguised with Asda brand Ribena).

I just hope he gets to see another summer as he loves going in the garden on the grass but it's too swampy out there at the moment (clay soil).

Back