• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bumble is definitely a BARC bunny!!!

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Bumble has bonded himself with Dylan and Molly but has a hutch all to himself. At night Dylan and Molly hop into their hutch when I clap my hands and they have their supper noms. Bumble then decides it's play time.

He is only partially sighted but he runs underneath Dylan and Molly's hutch which is too low for me to reach under. I gently push the handle of a broom under and he then bounds down to the other end of the yard and hides under his own hutch, right at the back where I physically can't reach him. More gentle nudging with broom and he then runs back to the other hutch - and so it continues.

Usually, after a while, he gets fed up and hops up his steps (I thought being partially sighted he may need an aid) to his own hutch. Last night however he refused. I tried to get him to bed twice and then went over to see Debbie (purplebumble). When I got back it was late - past midnight - and I thought Bumble was bound to be in bed. No, he STILL wouldn't let me catch him.

I had to be up at 6.30 am this morning to be ready for work so I eventually had to give up. I was terrified a fox would get him although the area is in between my house and next doors (terrace) and I sleep just above and have never heard the buns thumping during the night.

He was OK this morning but I am going to start trying to get him to bed very early today. He isn't at all food oriented. In the morning when I open his hutch and put his breakfast noms inside he ignores them and dashes over to see Dylan and Molly.

I am going to bond Bumble, Dylan, Molly and Frangipan this week so am hoping that Frangipan will teach Bumble to go to bed as she will be sharing his hutch. Frangipan is a BARC bun too so I hope they don't both end up hiding at bed time.

Back