• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

grumpy jed growls at me

samijofood

Young Bun
my jed has had his boy bits done 2 weeks ago and when i first got him home and settled he was really grumpy towards me (which i expected given id taken him to the vet)

he did get better and was less grumpy but tonight he has gone all grumpy again and charged at me and growled at me when charging at me.
is this just his hormones after the snip or is it something else?

yea he is eating more than he was before and poo is fine, dinking water fine and weeing is fine too. other than the grumping, charging and growling he is a normal healthy active jed. just wont let me stoke him or go near him tonight:(

could be cos he found a way to get behind the tv earlier and iv blocked it again. lil tinker :roll:

It could well be hormones still settling after his neuter. Hopefully it will calm down in time :)

Having said that I have an innately grumpy bunny and I adore him for it. Theres nothing more comical than getting put in your place by a cute fluffly bunny! :lol:

I have a grumpy bunny! He is territorial and charges at me frequently, if I go near his litter tray then I put my life in my hands :lol: He is still a wonderful, loving bunny but only when he wants!
Another thing to be sure about is to make sure he is not in pain. My bun gets even more grumpy when he's in pain but will be growl and run away from me if I've upset him in some way.
It's rather easy to offend a dominant bunny so maybe removing him from behind the tv really annoyed him. To say sorry, I would offer him some treats and nose rubs; sit on the floor with him and wait for him to come to you (watch he doesn't hurt you though!) Hopefully this will work and he will stop being so aggressive towards you but he may be way too annoyed to forgive you yet :lol:

cheers for the advice vegan bunny. :thumb:

i needed to get him blocked from behind the tv for his own saftey. cant have him chewing wires etc. now hes relised he cant get behind there anymore hes fine with it and dosent even bother to try now.

he is calming down again, but with spring fever just round the corner i best be getting chain mail clothes out. lol

im looking into gettting a female friend for him so fingers crossed he will be even better if he bonds with one.

A friend helped with my bunnies moods but unfortunately we lost her last year. He goes through phases of being very grumpy and being perfectly fine now :roll: Hopefully I have a doe lined up for him next week ;) But he has to stay healthy as I've had nothing but trouble with him going into stasis and whatnot since we lost Ellie :( I think being on his own makes things a lot worse though so a friend for you grumpy man will be ideal! :thumb:

my jed has had his boy bits done 2 weeks ago and when i first got him home and settled he was really grumpy towards me (which i expected given id taken him to the vet)

he did get better and was less grumpy but tonight he has gone all grumpy again and charged at me and growled at me when charging at me.
is this just his hormones after the snip or is it something else?

sootie had hois boy bits off and for about 3 weeks he was biting me, charging at me and even pulling his fur out :(
thank god 6 weeks later he is okay again and doesnt charge or bite now :) think he was just upset at me :lol:

Back