• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Escapee bunnies and the Greyhound who found them (and never tore them to pieces!)

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
I swore I couldn't love Sammy (our retired Greyhound) any more than I do, until tonight.

OH let her out the back for a wee and when he went to bring her back in, she refused (totally not normal for her!) When the OH went out to try and coax her back in, he realised that she was sniffing around a bit too much round the back of the garden... Then he saw a flash of white running around Sammy's feet!

Oh rushed back in and shouted to me that the buns had escaped, Dexter and Pumpkin. Heart leapt into my throat as although the garden is secure, our gate is wobbly at the bottom and a bun could easily squeeze through.

After a quick search, I found Dex behind the shed and Pumpkin had crawled under the 2nd outhouse door and was snuggled in between some bin bags.

Thank goodness for Sammy! OH said she was whining, so she was obviously trying to let him know! She didn't touch either of the buns and Dexie was quite comfortable hopping around Sammy's feet.

Cannot believe after the few days we've had, we had our first bunny escape!

Shall post some piccies of the escapees later... Brought them in for a check over and some treats and a snuggle! Needless to say, they weren't impressed and I got a few grunts from Dexie! I think they enjoyed their garden roam a bit too much! :lol:

ETA: Sammy has recieved HUGE cuddles from myself and the OH and a few treats too! OH also got a bit teary and snuggled Dexter... Said he forgets sometimes how much he loves the bunnies :love::love::love::love:

Last edited:
Ahhh how lovely that your Greyhound has such a lovely character and looked after them so well. :D

Back