• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Good experiences with the RSPCA in any capacity

Sky-O

Wise Old Thumper
We all know it's very easy to share negative views and it's very common for negative RSPCA experiences to come up on here, however, surely people must have positive experiences too?

If you have, in whatever capacity, can you share them?

I'm not interested in more moaning and negative views, just, for once, positivity please :)

Our branch are very friendly, they microchipped Tia (the cat who I took in in an emergency) for me for £5 and when I was chatting about her they gave me a free spey voucher which really helped as she needed everything doing in a week. They were very helpful. I haven't had the same good experiences with the reporting side of things but our branch itself are very nice :D

I have twice reported rabbit places to the RSPCA, one for neglect and the other for breeding from rspca foster buns, and on both occasions all the rabbits have been removed. One I think was through some very good 'persuasion', the other they were just taken away. The inspector round here is clearly more confident with the needs of bunnies than some others :)

RSPCA Walsall are the best. I have had so many lovely bunnies from them and they have helped me out in return so many times. Becky and Vicky do amazing work there and I am sure they get very disheartened to hear so many negative comments all the time

We have a fab local RSPCA branch, the volunteers are really helpful and caring and always try to do their best. I once had a feral cat that needed a vet asap and the vet (volunteer, not paid) waited for me for an hour to get there. :love:

They brought us Hugs back. Bunny who escaped when gale force winds blew down the garden fence. I rang them up, he;d been handed in and an inspector brought him right back to the door. :)

My first sponsor rabbit, Onslow, came to Rainbow Rabbits via RSPCA Walsall. :thumb:

I don't have personal experience of my local branch (SSPCA Ayr), but know they have just taken charge of the little pet rabbit who was found hopping along a platform in Kilmarnock station this week.

I once called and reported a long haired dog for having matts.I felt rubbish reporting an old man, but he was taught how to look after the dog properly.
The RSPCA isnt just for cruelty.They teach folk,they help to enable folk to look after their pets.

Ive only ever had interaction with the ipswich branch, and the people are lovely and understanding and incredibly helpful. I really should have a better look round at some point. I have heard a lot of things about different branches, but like most things, Im not happy til Ive decided for myself, and Ive decided I like that branch. :D

RSPCA Walsall are the best. I have had so many lovely bunnies from them and they have helped me out in return so many times. Becky and Vicky do amazing work there and I am sure they get very disheartened to hear so many negative comments all the time

:thumb:

They let us adopt Evie hammy from them :D

We've adopted 2 cats from our local RSPCA and both times, they've been wonderful. They always remember us when we go in and we have lovely conversations with them.

They don't request as large accomodation as other places for buns but they do always ensure the buns are going to good homes and will be looked after well. They also have lots of posters about space for bunnies and the importance of vaccing and neutering around the reception area.

We also adopted a Greyhound from them a few years ago, unfortunately, he became aggressive with Phoebe so we had to take him back after 2 weeks :cry: We were heartbroken but the staff were lovely and we all agreed that we would wait until Phoebe was older to adopt a Greyhound. They also updated us and told us that he went to a wonderful new home and have never held taking him back against us. They also made sure he was rehomed to a family with much older children.

I really like our local branch... Sure, there's things they could improve on, but who doesn't need to improve things? It is nice to hear such positive things about the RSPCA!

:wave: This will be my third year of selling my cavy cozies at the Manchester and Salford RSPCA Rabbit and Guinea Pig Roadshow. This year and last year I have raised £500 towards these events.

I also adopted Danny my guinea pig from Walsall RSPCA. He was handed into them in April last year by a dustbin man. He was very ill from mites and had been thown out with the rubbish! Vicky (x-vic-x on this forum) nursed him back to health. He is such a special little man.

Tinkerbell_3.jpg

This is all me and Rudy have to say on the subject :love::love::love::love:
(I still get goosebumps when I look at this picture)

This precious little love undoubtedly owes her life to intervention from the RSPCA
another adoptee from the Walsall branch :D

I reported a pet shop and within 2 days they rang back to say they'd removed all small animals and then later they told us the pet shop had had its license removed :D they also give very good advice at our branch and they are super friendly and have really lovely staff!

As you know I volunteer for my branch (although Im taking a break at the moment) and I have come across loads of heartwarming stories and people that work tirelessly and selflessly to help animals. I think people forget that they are a charity

I like you get sad and annoyed by the stories slating them

Some rescues would probably have put Scarlet to sleep, York branch didn't. She has awful teeth, and had an abcess when she went in. Despite her notes saying "long term dental issues, may not do well" they kept at it for several months (it was about 8 months I think) until they had gotten on top of it.

As you know I volunteer for my branch (although Im taking a break at the moment) and I have come across loads of heartwarming stories and people that work tirelessly and selflessly to help animals. I think people forget that they are a charity

I like you get sad and annoyed by the stories slating them

Great to hear some good comments at last!! :D

I agree, with both of you.

I'm not denying there are rubbish staff about, rubbish volunteers, etc, but equally, there are many, many people out there who work so hard for the animals they are volunteering with/for or working with.

RSPCA Walsall have been amazing in helping me (and some bunnies out) and I owe them and will pay them back, likely by returning the favour in some way.

Back