• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The first of my buns will be going soon. That's him on his way

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
Rupert will be the first of my bunnies to go to Debbie (Collielover). He's been vet checked etc and is ready to go when we can get him to Debbie. I know he will be in the best care but doesn't mean I'm not going to miss him terribly. He's very sweet and grooms my head and face when I lie beside him. I will be very sad to see him go but hope to keep in touch with Debbie and know how he's getting on.

Rupert originally came from kayj and was introduced to my bunny, Mallow. Unfortunately Mallow died and Rupert fell out with another one of my buns, Mose so he's been on his own for quite a while now. With having to downsize due to my marriage break-up I can't get another rabbit for him for company as I already have to rehome some of them so he's going to Debbie's and will get some bunny friends.

The trio of Buddy, Sasha and Harley will be following suit in a few weeks time. I will be left with 4 bunnies which is going to be a more manageable number now I'm going to be on my own. Here's a little picture of my lovely boy

DSC08515Small.jpg

Last edited:
I'm so sorry, Nicki, I know how hard it must be but I'm sure he'll have a great life. :love::love:

Sir is staying because it's my friend who rescued him who pays for his bills, food etc. I couldn't have taken him otherwise. He's not doing too good just now though yvette :( He had to get his teeth done and he's also eating like a pig but losing weight.

Sir is staying because it's my friend who rescued him who pays for his bills, food etc. I couldn't have taken him otherwise. He's not doing too good just now though yvette :( He had to get his teeth done and he's also eating like a pig but losing weight.

Well,love and vibes for him.News when you can and take things easy.xxxx

He's very handsome, and will be in good hands. Thinking of you though, it must be hard to let him (and then the others) go. :(

Thank you. Yep it's very hard but it's the best thing for him and I know Debbie will do what's best for him. That's what matters

Thank you BYB and Karen.

Jane, Thank you, but I don't feel that way today. I feel really guilty :( Had a nice cuddle with him before he left. I know it's best for him and he'll most likely not care but I do love the little man.

Will be very hard saying goodbye to the trio next week but I have to be tough and get on with it I suppose.

Thank you BYB and Karen.

Jane, Thank you, but I don't feel that way today. I feel really guilty :( Had a nice cuddle with him before he left. I know it's best for him and he'll most likely not care but I do love the little man.

Will be very hard saying goodbye to the trio next week but I have to be tough and get on with it I suppose.

You have absolutely nothing to feel guilty about. You are doing what is best for the Rabbits, regardless of how awful it is for you. This time last year I faced having to rehome most of my Rabbits. I wont go into details, but it was the generosity of a very special person and her husband who enabled me to keep them. I can only begin to understand how you feel having to let them go.

At least you will be able to keep in touch with Debbie and hear about how the Buns are doing. I know it is not the same, but perhaps a bit better than never hearing about them again.

Life can be :censored: at times and with all the best back-up plans in the world none of us can predict exactly what our circumstances may be like in the future. Anyone thinking 'it would never happen to me' may find that one day they get a rude wake-up call.

I really hope that you will be OK as you have had such a difficult time xx

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate you saying that Jane.
I am very glad I can keep in touch with Debbie - they have all been a huge part of my life and I'll never forget them. I just really want Rupert to be with another bun or two as I don't like him being on his own - it's just not fair on him.

I'm going away to clean out my outdoor buns and spend a bit of time with them to try and cheer myself up x

Back