• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Having a full blown panic attack!

Charmednm

Mama Doe
Put bunny in her run and i go out and check on her every 5-10 mins.

Left it a wee bit long to check on her and went out and she had escaped!! She managed to get her bottle down and open the side panel.

I dunno how long she was out but I saw her up the back of the garden, we have a huge garden, and tried to get her with a carrot! Our garden is no where near safe (due to it being a large garden it would cost over a grand to fence it all) and for the past hour i have been running through mine and 3 other gardens to get her.

She hates getting picked up so i was just trying to gently nudge her toward out garden. When i got her to a safe enough place i bolted in the house to get the hut keys to get her box (in my slippers might i add) got the box and went to get her and she'd hidden behind a discarded mattress in the neighbours garden.

It then started raining so i though ill get her now she hates the rain but she was sheltered behind the mattress so didn't seem fazed she came out and i had to use a little bit of force to pick her up and put her in the box, I was crying so much because i didn't want to hurt her and I'm scared i have. She kept grunting at me.

She is thankfully now back in her hutch (and is thumping at me) I have asthma and due to running like a maddie and having a panic attack i couldnt breathe for about ten mins ): I'm just so glad shes back in now though and will now prob check on her every min to see if i hurt her. I though her eye looked dodgy (before i put her in box) so will need to keep an eye on that (excuse the pun)!

you need to buy a new run, from the sounds of it you have one of those metal pannel ones? I would advise you get a wooden/mesh one, bolt it to the hutch and mesh underneath it to prevent any futher escape attempts :wave:

Glad shes safe and sound now :wave:

Its actually a great run, there is two little side bits to lift up to extend it. Normally with the bottle on it its fine (the other is wired open so she can get in and out the hutch) I will be wiring the other side shut.

And thanks me too!

Sounds like she had quite an adventure! :shock: Glad you managed to catch her. Hope you can make her run a bit safer xx

What ive done is, the wire ties you get with sandwich bags?, put about five of them on to close the bit shut even with my strength i cant pry it open so very little chance bunny can, and they cant hurt her as all the jaggy ends have been filed down and tucked right in.

I know and when i first saw her she looked so happy and free ): I felt bad chasing her but would have felt even worse if she got anywhere and got badly hurt.

Shes all fine in her hutch, hopping about fine and eating and drinking fine, her eye looks great too, so I gladly didnt hurt her pheww!

The worst thing was i was in all on my lonesome and had no-one to help me or comfort me after :lol::lol:

Glad that you managed to get her back safe. She might of enjoyed being free but probably would of been scared later when it got dark.

Glad that you managed to get her back safe. She might of enjoyed being free but probably would of been scared later when it got dark.

Thanks, yeah she prob would have :cry: worries me to think.

It was the greatest feeling of relief ever when i lock her carry box shut :roll:

Back