• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Best Type Of Brush????? CONFUSED!

Rabbit123

Young Bun
I have been looking at the furminator for my bunny...some people say its wonderful others say its awful. So i'm not sure which brush is best?
Which is best for bunnys? the brush i have at the moment isnt very good and hardly gets any fur out, so im looking at buying a better one, though there are so many. i'm not sure which ones best!?!
Does anyone use the furminator? thank you:D

I have been looking at the furminator for my bunny...some people say its wonderful others say its awful. So i'm not sure which brush is best?
Which is best for bunnys? the brush i have at the moment isnt very good and hardly gets any fur out, so im looking at buying a better one, though there are so many. i'm not sure which ones best!?!
Does anyone use the furminator? thank you:D

i use a slicker brush on my lops and it gets loads out, cant help with the furminator though:D

I use a slicker brush as well as I was also confused re the conflicting views on the furminator. For Casper in summer I just get the scissors out - he looks a bit random as I'm certainly no hairdresser but he's cooler and more comfortable.

I use a comb on Smudge, I find that gets fur out nicely. He doesn't like the furminator, even though it works well so I think it might pull on his fur a bit.

Spenser will not tolerate any brush that actually does any good. I bought a super little comb, but he won't have me use it at all. :(

for a moulting bun its great, not sure if you saw mabels tranformatiion when i did her earlier in year, with photos, people said she looked 10 times younger :lol:

must admit when i first heard about them i was abit unsure, but thought id give them a go and mabel loves it too
i won;t use it on younger buns, lke sox, but on mabel as she has thick hair and soo fluffy

Furminator do a range, for different coat lengths for cats and dogs of different sizes. There is also a small animal Furminator. This is all part of a new range, I am just awaiting a sample of the small animal one to test. I will let you know how I get on.

Thank you everyone for your replies...I'm going to do abit more research on the Furminator. I'll let you know what I decide. :wave:

I was just wondering, what type of furminator you use? As they do a cat,dog and small animal range. I don't know which one to consider. :D

I am tempted to buy a furminator for Mr B but as his fur is cashmere I am not sure it will work. We can't decide whether he needs small car or dog either, it needs to be a long hair one though.

Back