• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mutilated rabbits :(

The problem is that the maximum penalty for animal cruelty is 51 weeks in jail and a huge fine, but the only sentences ever handed out are community service and a fine so small even a 7-year old child could pay for it out of his or her pocket money :evil:

Whoever committed that despicable act should have his or her own ears cut off, then sent to prison for the maximum time and made to pay his entire income for the next 5 years to an animal charity...

Poor buns - are they going to be OK without their ears?

That's awful - are they sure the ears were cut off and aren't birth defects/overgrooming as kits?

Still very sad either way.

That's awful - are they sure the ears were cut off and aren't birth defects/overgrooming as kits?

Still very sad either way.

The article says:- "We can't be completely sure, but we think that someone may have deliberately cut off the rabbits' ears and dumped them."

Could well be overgroomed rabbits as they were found in a park with no proof of what actually happened to them :?

Could somebody contact them and mention this forum? Worried that they may be put down if the RSPCA can't find homes for them. People generally don't want bunnies without ears :(

The article says:- "We can't be completely sure, but we think that someone may have deliberately cut off the rabbits' ears and dumped them."

Could well be overgroomed rabbits as they were found in a park with no proof of what actually happened to them :
?

I thought that

Chewed ear margins look very different to those cut with an implement. Surely the Vet who examined them should be able to tell the difference :?

I've had a look at their website and it seems that they know about rabbitrehome and the forum as there is a link on the rabbit page. Sadly it doesn't seem they are that rabbit savvy as only one pair is neutered and they sell mix. :(

I've had a look at their website and it seems that they know about rabbitrehome and the forum as there is a link on the rabbit page. Sadly it doesn't seem they are that rabbit savvy as only one pair is neutered and they sell mix. :(

The RSPCA :?

I thought that

Chewed ear margins look very different to those cut with an implement. Surely the Vet who examined them should be able to tell the difference :?

Yes, you would have thought that a Vet could tell the difference BUT I remember reading a similar story a while ago and the Vet then also couldn't say if the ears had been cut or overgroomed.

I'd personally say overgroomed myself BUT I'm not a Vet ;)

Back