• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You have got to be impressed with our vets!!

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
You now get a free 10ml bottle of metacam with every neuter to take home with you :D I think that is an amazing idea and something a lot more vets should do

That's awesome Liz :love:

Have they increased the cost of the neuter to compensate? ;)

I need to check old records but if it has gone up it is a couple of pounds at most. I think the current price is £68, that will include fluids, metacloprimide, metacam injection and an over night stay if needed.

Last edited:
Thats interesting. Which vets do you use? When I have had buns neutered I have never been given anything to take home with them, I have always been told they have had all the pain releif they need.

I think that is a great idea. Even if the price has gone up a bit, doing this reinforces just how important pain relief is for bunnies. :thumb:

Great stuff! I never got sent home with pain relief for my bunny spays. With a piggy spay I specifically asked for it, and they wouldn't prescribe it. :roll:

Wow thats interesting. :shock: I have changed vets from there but have had 3 buns neutered there in the past and never offered anything to take home, this must be a recent thing. I do know they are very thorough there and the head vet nurse has an interest in buns so good on them :thumb:

Yes they only started it in January, but we have 4 buns neutered since then!

There is one vet who does every neuter at cost (they say it is their contribution towards welfare), which I thought was good.

Back