• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to get oily Canaural off bunny fur :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Without bathing them!! :( Olly and Honey are very miserable since we started their Canaural drops :( they are terrible in fact. Some of it comes out of the ears and they spread it all over trying to wash it off :( :( it doesn't come off if you dampen it, it doesn't wipe off, they look all oily and sweaty like they've just had a workout. They are scared of me and OH and look very depressed. :( does anyone have any idea how I can help them? I love them so much and hate seeing them unhappy. They were happier before the treatment, I wish I hadn't bothered :cry:

How much are you putting in per treatment and do you massage the ear base for a couple of minutes after application ?

How much are you putting in per treatment and do you massage the ear base for a couple of minutes after application ?

The vet said to just give it a good squirt rather than counting drops, and yes, I massage it afterwards :( it's horrible, horrible stuff :( has it done the trick when you've used it or not?

The vet said to just give it a good squirt rather than counting drops, and yes, I massage it afterwards :( it's horrible, horrible stuff :( has it done the trick when you've used it or not?

Yes, but I dont give it a squirt. I just put 2-3 drops in

You could try drawing up a small amount into a 1ml syringe, 0.2 ml/ear would be more than enough and then squirting it from that. At least then you wont be putting so much in at each dose so there will be less to leak out.

Yes, but I dont give it a squirt. I just put 2-3 drops in

You could try drawing up a small amount into a 1ml syringe, 0.2 ml/ear would be more than enough and then squirting it from that. At least then you wont be putting so much in at each dose so there will be less to leak out.

Thanks Jane I'll try that.

Back