• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Older bunnies

Alicia

Mama Doe
Do larger bunnies often not live as long as smaller bunnies? Roughly how long do you think a dwarf lop would live? I know every rabbit is different :)

I think its luck of the draw a lot of the time!

My mini dwarf lop was still lively and ridiculous at 5 years old...he died of an unknown illness, not old age though...

I've just been told my german lop is showing signs of aging now shes 5/6, shes just starting to slow down a bit and has cataracts developing...my vet said she doesnt see many large bunnies past 7years old sadly.

A dwarf lop is not a big bunny. It's not a tiny bunny but is still considered a larger small bunny. My previous dwarf lops lived to be 7 and 9 respectively.

Giant bunnies do tend to live a shorter life but that is often due to the fact that their heart can't support their size and gives out. They can have a longer life span though and live to be a decent age if they are lucky.

Back