• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need rescue help urgently :( Sorted :D

Zahirre

Warren Veteran
Please, please don't judge me for this. It's such a hard and horrible decision and one which we haven't taken lightly.

We need to rehome 4 of our bunnies :cry: Their brick shed is falling apart and in March, we were supposed to be doing the aviary and adding two hutches. 4/7 of the buns are also due their vacc's and the same buns were due to be spayed at the end of Feb.

Having spoken to our solicitor this morning, family, the bank and uni we know now that we are financially scuppered. We're going to struggle - a lot. The £780 bursary from uni was meant to cover vacc's and the spays we had booked for the end of Feb and then we had £500 set aside for the building of the aviary and hutches. All of this needs to now go to legal fees. Our estimation for court costs/solicitor costs for the first hearing alone tops £1,000.

If any rescues could help, I would greatly appreciate it. My poor babies are just not going to get the quality of life they need or deserve now. Bramble, Dex and Pumpkin are going to stay... Mainly because atm, we can afford them. They are vacc'd up to date and Dex and Pumpkin are nuetered.

If any rescue can help, it does need to be as soon as possible otherwise, I'm going to have un-vacc'd buns and our area is high risk.

The rescue/s who can help, I can make a promise to, that when this is all over, I will donate EVERY penny that has been spent on vacc's, neuters and food on my poor girls. That is my promise, it is the least I can do for my girls.

I feel really rotten about this and it is breaking my heart so please, please don't judge me :cry:

Sammy, our dog is also having to go to my OH's mums till this is all over. She has offered to take her and pay for her until we are financially stable again.

One of our friends is also going to take the Leopard Geckos on a sort of fostering basis too as she owns and breeds reptiles anyway so has spare vivs/food anyway.

This whole situation is just heartbreaking. Not only is it messing up my personal life, it's affecting my academic life and the one thing (except for Phoebe) that keeps me going - my animals :cry:

Last edited:
aw im sorry, I hope someone can help you! Where do you live? Could maybe someone foster your buns until you are sorted?

aw im sorry, I hope someone can help you! Where do you live? Could maybe someone foster your buns until you are sorted?

I can't afford to pay someone to look after them. The minimum that this could go on for is around a year. I also have no accomodation to go with them. I wish someone could just foster them but it's just not an option :(

Oh hun Im so sorry is there no way you can get any help with the fees? Have you spoken to citizens advice?

PS did you get my pm?

If I had spare setup(s) and money to spay and vaccinate then I would happily foster for free.
So sorry you're in this situation.

Oh hun Im so sorry is there no way you can get any help with the fees? Have you spoken to citizens advice?

PS did you get my pm?

No, no help at all. Rang CAB today and they can't offer anything.

Took OH's payslip in today to the Legal Aid advisor at our solicitors when I dropped off my file and he confirmed that we can recieve no help.

And sorry, yes, got your pm - head is all over a bit so forgot to reply :oops:.

So sorry to hear this :cry: What an awful situation, hope you can find somewhere for the bunnies to go. I too would offer to foster if I had the money and space :( xx

Oh gosh :cry: I'm so sorry hun :cry: I know this won't mean much but thinking of you, sending lots of best wishes your way xxxx

At the moment the situation is that their accommodation isn't good enough and they can't be vaccinated?
I'm wondering if I could take a group of buns for you. The only thing I'm worried about is being able to afford vet bills, which I probably couldn't. :?

I can't believe you have to pay the legal fees. That's so ridiculous. He should pay them if he's dragging you to court!

Thank you :)

Feel so sick... Have been panicking before this all came through anyway as the shed is literally just not the safe-ist. The shed door is being kept closed at, by bricks :(

If a rescue can take them, I do have £100 spare that I was going to pick up 2 small hutches with... they were only supposed to be used for 3/4 weeks though so they're just those stupid poppy dens in P@H... I don't want them to go in them really as it'd be 2 buns per hutch :(

Suppose I should say more about the buns though :cry:

There are 4 bunnies, all girls, all just over 1 year old.

2 are black and white dutches. 1 is an agouti dutch and 1 is a REW lionhead. They are called Poppy, Milly, Tulip and Carrot.

All 4 are lovely and friendly, except for Milly. Milly was rescued from one of those farmer's markets so is exceptionally scared. She is fine with me, but not really with others. Once she trusts you though, she is a snuggle bun :love:

Some photos -

Milly

7775c6fb.jpg

Carrot, Poppy and Tulip

52011641.jpg

Poppy

79f8f5d8.jpg

Last edited:
At the moment the situation is that their accommodation isn't good enough and they can't be vaccinated?
I'm wondering if I could take a group of buns for you. The only thing I'm worried about is being able to afford vet bills, which I probably couldn't. :?

I can't believe you have to pay the legal fees. That's so ridiculous. He should pay them if he's dragging you to court!

Yerp, it's the vacc and accomodation mainly. They have no health problems and never have so they're the only issues tbh. I just have nothing to spend on it.

I have the £100, so I could get them their myxi's but then, they'd have no accomodation. They'd be best to go in two pairs as they sort of divide themselves into pairs anyway. If a non-rescue took one pair, or all four, I do have the £100 to go towards initial costs. I couldn't send them away with no financial help in any way :'(

Have you contacted your local rescue?
Or a rescue further away ?

Contact the RWAF, I think they helped owners neutering their rabbits; money wise.

Have you contacted your local rescue?
Or a rescue further away ?

Contact the RWAF, I think they helped owners neutering their rabbits; money wise.

Haven't contacted any rescues yet... Feel really awful asking :( But then, the buns are in need so it's unfair for me to feel embarassed...

But... doesn't look like the RWAF will help. This is the statement on help paying for neuters...

'So, we will pay for the neutering costs of a single rabbit, provided the accommodation is suitable, and if necessary upgraded to accommodate a pair of rabbits, and the second rabbit is adopted from a rescue centre once the necessary home check is passed.'

Back