• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Urgent help needed

Not being funny, but why is this more 'urgent' than the thousands of other 'Free to good home' Rabbits ? Most being kept in tiny hutches :?

I think you read my post the wrong way

I wondered if there was specific welfare issues making this 'urgent'- injury, illness, something like that. I was not being sarcastic

its bad enough when you see normal sized bunnys in small cages and giants even worse i genuinley wanna help being on here has seriously opened my eyes with the amount of neglect that happens to rabbits , maybe help this bunny into a new home with more space

I was told this bunny needed to be removed from the situation immediately. I assumed therefore meaning bunny was in immediate danger, hence a 'template email' to advertiser in question wouldn't be sufficient. Louise is doing what I said she should and I felt would be the only way, since it wasn't a typical 'free to good home' talk to advertiser and advise case.

its bad enough when you see normal sized bunnys in small cages and giants even worse i genuinley wanna help being on here has seriously opened my eyes with the amount of neglect that happens to rabbits , maybe help this bunny into a new home with more space

I see, well if there are no other specific welfare issues apart from the fact that he/she is a giant Rabbit in a small hutch then sadly there are hundreds of them in exactly the same situation :cry:

I hope that you are able to help xx

Good on you for trying to help and I hope you are successful xx

I think many owners who have very small set ups don't actually realise how bad it is for their bun. I am one of many who has learnt from mistakes, having joined this amazing forum :love:

need to get a bun of freebay its a giant and kept in a hutch in the back garden could any one take it ?

Mmm - RubyTed might be looking for a large bun . . she has a single french lop at present looking for a partner.

I have 'rescued' two giants in similar situations and although it is true that there are lots and lots of rabbits in backgarden hutches, giants do have special problems in small hutches (often have spinal and other issues even worse than smaller buns - many get soaked bums as there is simply no room to get away from their own urine and poo) and also the freeads situations means that they might go from bad to worse.

Have you any more information?

so sorry - it is always a difficult situation as advertisers often want to give the bun away to what THEY feel will be a good home - sadly this often means one just like the one they have given it - inadequate and uncaring.

Back