• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need advice on mini lops UD *pic of new bun*

Charmednm

Mama Doe
Hiya! Im getting a mini lop, it has just been confirmed today that she is defos mine xD

Was just wondering what kind of diet all you other mini lop owners have then buns on?

Last edited:
Sorry still half asleep i meant to ask waht kind of pellets do you feed your bun :/

Again, the same pellets as most other rabbits have.

Science Selective / Excel etc - when you get him/her - you need to ensure he/she is on the same pelleted feed as he/she was on in his/her original home.

For at least the first two weeks you have your rabbit you need to feed whatever food he has been used to in his previous home only then, if he remains well, should you consider making any adjustments.

Personally I feed science selective pellets but as the pellet ration should only amount to an eggcup full a day it isn't too important what pellet you use although of course a high fibre one is best.

I have Macie (a mini lop) on Burgess Excel Adult, she only has about a tablespoon a day. Some rabbits don't get on well with Burgess Excel but I've had no problems whatsoever with Macie, it's all down to the individal rabbit. Other than that her diet consists of mainly hay, hay and yet more hay. In the evenings she also has a handful of veg. As others have said make sure you introduce all new foods slowly.

Good luck with your new bunny :)

Just asked what she feeds the bunny now :)

Heres a wee pic, the bun on left will be mine after the 5th of March xD

Lops.jpg

So gorgeous! I have two mini lops and they are feed on the same as the rest of the rabbits. A mix of Science Selective, Rabbit Royale, hedgerow herbs which is for horses but the buns enjoy them, and dried forage like tenderloin, meadow herbs and plantain from zooplus. The more natural ingredients you can include in their diet the better.

Well ive ordered junior science selective pellets and gonna mix with redigrass and rabbit royal (which is what she gets now)

Oh adn got poppy a bag of dried dandelions her fave :)

Back