• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucky's set up

whitehood

Warren Veteran
His hutch and run combo is placed in front of a flower bed. On the right is the other 4 by 3 hutch and on the left is another flower bed (in front of a fence)

Do you think me placing the hutch and run against a fence, that would make it more secure? It would have trees on either side if it were placed in that flower bed.

It could still be attached to the other hutch using pipes.

If it helps I can take pics of the space and where the setup is now.

I'm only worried because cats use the fence on the left to jump down from the roof. Then they jump down to the flower bed. If they did this then they'd be behind the setup
:wave:

Last edited:
Where it's now
The green hutch is against the wall, the combo isn't, it cant be pushed back against that wall because there's a window there. However it can be rotated and put against a fence[on the left]
IMG-20120216-02500.jpg

Where it could go, rotated.
IMG-20120216-02501.jpg

If you put it in the flowerbed, you'd need to mesh under it and refill over the mesh and then secure the mesh somehow to stop predators digging in and lucky digging out :wave:

Do you think I should paint the combo green? Or is the brown ok ? It don't match :oops:

I wasn't being patronising. I genuinely am impressed.

Personally yes, i'd paint it the same as the other hutch/run thingy - which i think you said you were going to connect via runaround?

It'd look cool :)

Hey everyone thought I'd share an update and importantly my hard work :wave:

I've done what I thought I'd never be able to do. I've rotated the hutch and run combo, so it's up against the fence instead of beside the other green hutch.

How it was before.
IMG-20120216-02500.jpg

Where it's been rotated.
IMG-20120216-02501.jpg

It's more secure now. And it'll be less stressful for the rabbits now they know there's nothing that can creep up behind them. As before the run allowed something to come behind and I couldn't even get to the other stoney flower bed.
I've removed the yellow decorative brick things and removed a part of the wooden wall beside the flowerbed.
The wooden planks have been placed on top of the flower bed and a part of the grass area. The combo is like before been placed on these planks.

Pics of it now will follow tomorrow, didn't remember to take any.

Last edited:
Pics of his setup :wave:

IMG-20120531-02873.jpg

IMG-20120531-02872.jpg

IMG-20120531-02870.jpg

IMG-20120531-02869.jpg

Security:
IMG-20120531-02875.jpg

Can anyone suggest how I 'lock' the run lid ? I cannot bolt it shut because whether it's locked or not it'll raise up normally.

IMG-20120531-02876.jpg

Can anyone suggest how I 'lock' the run lid ? I cannot bolt it shut because whether it's locked or not it'll raise up normally.

IMG-20120531-02876.jpg

Can you use some sort of hasp and staple lock? You'd need one on each side of the run & you can attach one part to the run, the other to the lid & then padlock them shut (or I use carabiner clips). http://www.wickes.co.uk/heavy-duty-hasp-and-staple/invt/159626/ You can get cheaper ones than this & in various sizes from most DIY places but just to give you an idea of the sort of thing I mean; I got mine from Wilkinsons.

The set up looks great. :thumb:

Looks great! :D

What I did for the run lids was attach two 'eyes' (as in hook and eye), one on the lid and one on the wood it sits on, and put a padlock through them.

Back