• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lifting insurance exclusions

Vita

Mama Doe
I've read a few posts about this happening, but how long have people had to wait (eg how many years since the rabbit had the illness for the exclusion to be lifted), and how did it happen?

Ada had 3 different types of illness in her first 14 days with me, so if she gets ill again she is potentially a very expensive bunny. Other thing is that the insurance don't *know* about the illnesses because it has been pointless making a claim.

I think you have to contact them about it. They will want the vet notes and then their underwritter will make the decision. I'd write them a letter and explain the illnesses and how long it's been since her last illness and they will take it all into account.

I think you have to contact them about it. They will want the vet notes and then their underwritter will make the decision. I'd write them a letter and explain the illnesses and how long it's been since her last illness and they will take it all into account.

I can't imagine they'd do it now, as she's only 6 months old. Perhaps in a year, or two, or more - if we're lucky (both in her not getting some of the illnesses again and their decision-making). I suppose I could phone them about it.

As I've been feeling pretty ill and exhausted, I hadn't twigged she had turned 6 months (her official birthday is 1st August). She should have had a present!

One of mine had been poorly before I insured them. It was stassis. She too was young, about 5 months I think. When I took out the insurance pet plan requested to see all her vet notes and placed an exclusion for 3 months after which, if she remained remained well, it would be lifted. Luckily she remained well and she no longer has the exclusion.

Back