• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Posible freind for thumper (long term)

Lost_blonde

Warren Scout
I'm in the process of finding a second bunny, one day to be bonded with thumper. Thumper is a indoor bunny, but new bunny would live outside until weather starts changing again. have a hutch and run etc all empty.
However i've fallen for two buns that i have to decide between and finding it really hard, although i think i know deep down what is best for thumper in the long run, but someone elses input would be nice please as i may have it all VERY wrong....OH says i'm worying about it to much:oops:

The new posible buns are:
Number 1 bun is a standard Rex, ex show/ Breeding bun (spayed already) who is around 2-3 years old. good to handle etc. Female. she is beautiful.

Number 2 bun is a agouti lionhead (not seen a pic), she is a year old, had two litters and friendly.

Thumper is a lionhead x lop (meant to be dawf, but there isnt much dawf about him:shock:). I want to give it the best chance for it to work long term for them togeather if i can.

I'd get him to choose, not choose yourself.

Let him meet them are see how he acts.

Are they from a reputable rescue? Are they both spayed/vaccinated about both VHD and Myxo and been deemed vet healthy?

I'd get him to choose, not choose yourself.

Let him meet them are see how he acts.

Are they from a reputable rescue? Are they both spayed/vaccinated about both VHD and Myxo and been deemed vet healthy?

Sky-o, no their not from a rescue this is also why i have my doubts, The Rex is spayed and my feeling are these would have been cared for a lot more being taken to shows etc but now being retired. but TBH i havent yet asked about Vaccinations.
but i know these other buns that are "finshed with" also need help. as are not wantted any longer, I wouldnt thumper have new bun wouldnt have contact until i know all was ok.

I never thought to let thumper pick, it it his hopfully one day life long buddy! or should i stay away from these two buns? :oops: I've never dealt with a rescue which intimidates me slightly

Whichever bunny you let choose, make sure they have been spayed 6-8 weeks previous, are fully vaccinated and covered and also that they are healthy.

From the info you have given, there is nothing that makes me concretely say stay away from them, but there are ther places and ways to have a higher chance of success and better back up support.

What will you do if the bonding doesn't work?

Thank you, for your advice

If bonding doesnt work then i will carry on with thumper where he is now and new bun will have the garden with view of getting a Shed converted for more space/warmth etc.

I will ask more questions to the owners before doing anything else, which ever one (if) picked i'll have my own vet check her over.

Ok, that sounds like a plan. The outside bun will definitely need a friend in due course althugh Thumper could be ok without a friend.

Good luck :)

Ok, that sounds like a plan. The outside bun will definitely need a friend in due course althugh Thumper could be ok without a friend.

Good luck :)

Thank you, you've been very helpful, i've been milling it over in my mind for a few months. but time to get on to doing somthing about it:). :wave:

Posible friend for thumper (long Term). Update!

I Picked up the new bun last night, i'll post in rabbit chat, as probs not the correct place :lol:

Back