• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits bond breaking

Jamie

Warren Scout
Are there any particular signs to look out for if you think the buns bond maybe breaking?

My 2 have started chasing and fighting sometimes. There is another bun in the house so could this be causing problems? There was some scuffles before Teddy came though. The baby bun was meant to be a boy but is actually a girl. I didnt think Dudley would be bothered by her being in the house. However he has also sprayed/weed on me a couple if times! He seems a bit stroppy with me! Twix is always stroppy with me!

Any hints on how to sort them out and get Dudley loving me again would be great! Xx

Yes, referred agression can be an issue with sight, smell or hearing. You will also smell of the new bunny so that may be directed at you too.

When you say 'fight', can you describe that you mean?

It sounds like you're going to have to take heavy measures to ensure they can't smell, see or hear the other bunny, including on you and anyone else.

As for a bond breaking, you're just looking for the rabbits to not be safe together, or not being happy together.

Ok thanks. I don't think the fighting is awful, just some nipping and chasing. I have had to seperate them once though. Afterwards they lick and cuddle each other. Could it just be a lovers tif?
The buns currently live in the hall and roam the house when we are in. I am hoping to move them permenently to the lounge soon, but the new bun has been in there. She is in the bedroom at the moment.
Xx

Chasing and nipping is normal bunny language and wouldn't be considered fighting. What you need to look at is how the chasee reacts and if they are coping with it. If they are (i.e. not scared or stressed or being/feeling bullied, etc) then don't worry, just keep an eye. Spring fever can do that, as can referred aggression.

Back