• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella in her Recovery cage

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Bella's Recovery Cage
I know its not huge but its all we have :(
P1070121.jpg

P1070117.jpg

Resting after her dental she had yesterday :)

P1070119.jpg

P1070116.jpg

:love:
P1070114.jpg

P1070115.jpg

BELLA! You are simply stunning!

Lots of vibes for a good recovery hun x

My little Simba was spayed yesterday and is in a cage of similar size (I really don't think they care at all whilst they're recovering). :)

I love rex's , they are just so soft :love:

Thank you, she is recovering well from her dental :) nibbling on some apples and nomming on some pellets :D

Good luck to Simba hope she has a speedy recovery. :love:

Is this recovery cage just for recovery from a dental jack?

Yes she will be out of this small cage tomorrow, she's never kept in here longer than 48 hours :)
she lives in the shed in a 5x5.5ft pen area, our runs are coming this weekend and should be up in the next few weeks they are 8x4ft x 3ft high, we are attaching them to the shed via cat flaps:)

Poor Bella. my dental bun Bonnie gets a large pen to recover in but she prefers to stay in one corner for most of the first day post op. Do you open the cage to let Bella have free range time to stretch her legs?

Yes she will be out of this small cage tomorrow, they are never kept in here longer than 48 hours :)
she lives in the shed in a 5x5.5ft pen area, our runs are coming this weekend and should be up in the next few weeks they are 8x4ft x 3ft high :)

Just so you know, unless there's a very good reason, there's no need for her to be in a recovery cage from a dental :)

Does she have a partner?

Poor Bella. my dental bun Bonnie gets a large pen to recover in but she prefers to stay in one corner for most of the first day post op. Do you open the cage to let Bella have free range time to stretch her legs?

we leave the door open and she doesn't come out, we have a cat so we cant really have her running about also we have slippy flooring. she will be put back in her shed tomorrow :) we cant have a puppy pen as we have a cat.....

Just so you know, unless there's a very good reason, there's no need for her to be in a recovery cage from a dental :)

Does she have a partner?

Because she normally lives in the shed, we were told to keep her in for 24 hours after GA as she wont be able to maintain her body temp, this is the only thing we can keep her in as we have a cat. I suppose I could put her back out in the shed this evening as it will be 24 hours then :roll:

Nope she does not have a partner, but ounce Lily is spayed I might try and bond Bella with the already bonded pair Lily and Flopsy :) Bella can be a bit feisty when it comes to food time.....

Sounds like you are arranging an amazing set up for her.

Love all the beauties on your tag line!

Thank you :D I try my best, Its just after they have an operation I cant offer them a massive kennel or a puppy play pen as we have a cat and its unfair on our cat to shut her out.

Because she normally lives in the shed, we were told to keep her in for 24 hours after GA as she wont be able to maintain her body temp, this is the only thing we can keep her in as we have a cat. I suppose I could put her back out in the shed this evening as it will be 24 hours then :roll:

Nope she does not have a partner, but ounce Lily is spayed I might try and bond Bella with the already bonded pair Lily and Flopsy :) Bella can be a bit feisty when it comes to food time.....

Thats fine, just didnt know if she did have a partner, as if she did, the fact she was away from the partner may mean that the bond would have broken down :)

How cold is it where you are, as the change from a warm living room to a cold shed could make her poorly in itself?

Thats fine, just didnt know if she did have a partner, as if she did, the fact she was away from the partner may mean that the bond would have broken down :)

How cold is it where you are, as the change from a warm living room to a cold shed could make her poorly in itself?

The shed is 10 degrees at the moment, where she is in the living room it is 18 degree's.
shall I put her back out tonight as she is eating and drinking, pooping and weeing fine, she looks really fed up in here.
The shed is insulated too :)

TBH, my Schumi always went straight back outside after a dental, we figured he'd relax more in his familiar surroundings and be more inclined to eat, so I'd put her back out, but maybe with a snugglesafe or a hot brick to keep her warm.

:wave:

Back