• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big yay for all our younger members!!

dizzyg

Warren Veteran
I don't want this to sound patronising but it's genuinely lovely to see so many of our younger members (I mean the teenagers, and Licquorice) spending so much of their time and energy doing their best to make the lives of their pets better.

People can say what they like about teenagers, the ones who use this forum are flippin brilliant!!

:love::love:

It doesn't sound patronising to me, I'm a teen :) It's good to see a nice post about us, makes a change from past ones about not allowing under 18s on here! :D If it wasn't for rabbit forums I'd probably still have rabbits in a 2ft hutch, un-neutered and unvaccinated :oops:

It doesn't sound patronising to me, I'm a teen :) It's good to see a nice post about us, makes a change from past ones about not allowing under 18s on here! :D If it wasn't for rabbit forums I'd probably still have rabbits in a 2ft hutch, un-neutered and unvaccinated :oops:

:thumb:

Unfortunately, its often (and please dont take this the wrong way!) 'Children' who have rabbits and so its actually the parents responsibility to keep and look after them, however, once you become a 'teen' so to speak, i believe you have the capacity to learn and understand what is best and so, using forums such as this is a great way of educating yourself.

As you said yourself if it wasn't for places like RU, your rabbits would be in sub-standard accomodation without their welfare being considered, yet because you have, they have a great life.

Great thread dizzy :thumb::wave:

Agree :D I had Poppy at 15 years old, and although she had a 7ft hutch and run I knew nothing about spaying/vaccs and when I did I couldn't afford them, but 5 years later with an income of my own all of the bunnies are up to date with vaccs and only Lola's spay to go before bonding can commence! :D :D

Last edited:
I don't know of I'm still a teen as I turn 20 in two months :lol: But when we got Boris I was 15 and knew absolutely nothing about rabbits. It wasn't an impulse thing so there was plenty of time for me to do some research on what they could eat etc. but I was clueless when it came to how to act around rabbits and what they were like as pets. I figured some things out on my own and through Google, but it was when I first joined this forum that I really became interested in learning all there was to know about taking care of rabbits :D It always makes me happy to see other teens come on here to do the exact same thing, to improve the quality of their buns life :) And not just the teens either, I genuinely believe that the people on here are the nicest people I've ever met online. You're all so helpful and supportive :love:

I'm a teen too........................................:shock::shock:

Multiply by perhaps 2, 3 or even 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A very good thread.:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Im lucky to of found the forum a few days after adopting Seb so didnt make too many mistakes :thumb: but the teens on here are very mature compared to some I know IRL :D

Yay, thank you for making me smile!!:D I'm a teen, and I love RU so much!:D
I think I have become much more mature by being able to talk to adults equally about the things we share interests in. Face to face most people don't take me seriously if I'm talking about rabbits or animals, I'm young, I can't know much about anything. But then I come here, and people don't judge me because I am only 15, I can talk to people of all ages about anything, I can give advice and be given advice, I am really grateful that I found RU, I don't know where I would be without it! Maybe I would still only have one lonely feisty bunny in a 4ft hutch, who knows. But with RU I have learnt how to look after rabbits better and what they actually need to be happy, I have rescued 3 more bunnies, and learnt to love them all more than I ever thought possible, I have had insane support from so many people when I lost a bunny, I have made so many new friends who won't laugh at me if I talk about rabbits, and I think I have developed alot as a person in many ways, one being realising the situation in rescues and trying myself to make a little change, however small it may be!
Sorry for the ramble, but I really do love RU!!!:love:

There's only one thing I don't like about RU teenagers - they make me feel old! :lol:

Seriously, I think we are lucky to have you. :thumb:I've certainly learnt a lot from people less than half my age.

Love this thread :love: Im a teen and RU has helped me out so much, I have learnt about the signs of an ill rabbit and to act as fast as possible and get them to the vets, wish I joined this forum years ago! Its just nice to speak to people who love their rabbits as much as you do :D

school can be very difficult for us bunny people as people will make fun of your love for your bunnies and how much you care. I struggled a lot when posting stuff on facebook when one of my bun's went to the bridge, Some people told me 'its just a rabbit' , 'buy another' , 'there are plenty in the field' :evil:.

Then I found RU, the best place ever!1 :D cant post all I want about rabbits and ask questions and now be called wierd or CRAZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYY¬!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I agree with Graham. :thumb:

Children under the age of 12-13 in my opinion should not be responsible for the rabbits care and welfare, they see them as a toy and dont realize the need of them. I dont blame the children, I blame the parents! anyway ounce you are a teen you have control, You can join RU :D, Get a job, earn some money and make your pets lives better :D

Thanks for this thread Dizzy! :) Not all teens are bad ;) :lol:

I don't think it matters how young you are. When I was a kid I had a lone rabbit I knew he needed a friend but I didn't know how to persuade my parents. If I had RU back then you all could have advised me in an adult way how to speak to my parents to convince them.

The knowledge kids get from here can be spoken about to their peers and spread in a way it never could before. All their class mates can learn about how to properly care for rabbits too. Think of Liquorice's wonderful article in the paper too. :)

Aww, that's lovely of you :love: I often think the same, I'm 15 and I wish more people at my school were like the teens I talk to on here!! :lol:

I have learned a lot from here, and members on here who've helped me and help others are brilliant. :D

Back