• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Really worried about Rose boked the vet

bubbles1068

Warren Scout
Hello everyone, Im woried about my bunny Rose she was fine when i put her to bed last night, infact she had a fab day yesterday in the garden. Got up today and went and saw her she normaly runs up ti the front of her run to see me but today she was at the back. At first ithought she was having another phantom pregnancy as she has straw in her mouth and i noticed some fur on the floor of her run. I was going to get her spayed last Friday but cancelled because of the weather, so will re book nearer to the Easter hols as i off from work then. she jumped out of the run and started pulling the fluff from my slippers, so i stopped her then she went to pull fur from my male, who she lives seperate from, again i stopped her so she started pulling fur from herself. I put her back in her run and she had a mouthfull of fur, but she seemed stressed. I gave her some fresh greens and she ate them and also munched on hay. she jumped out her run and ran into Hutch's hutch and hid in his bedroom burying her face in the hay. After a while she ran from his hutch and into her own and is now in her bedroom just sitting there. she has had some parsley, i dont know about poo as i didnt empty her litter tray yesterday and was gonna clean them out properly today. I called the vet and they gonna see her in an hour. Its not like her normally she is the most loving bunny who always seems happy and loves licking me, today she bit me and seems scared.

Phew, just gone out to get Rose and she is in the middle of building a nest, I think i must have startled her earlier that was why she was stressed. I feel guilty for cancelling the spay appointment now:( but i did it coz i thought it was the best thing to do at the time.

I'm confused. You say you keep them seperate, yet you say that she is able to get into his hutch and pull his fur?

Is he neutered?

Please could you elaborate?

he is neutered, and their hutches are next to each other in my conservatory, he was out eating his greens and his hutch door was open, she was in her run that her hutch sits in and i opened it up to get a closer look at her that was when she jumped out, pulled at my slippers then tried to pull at him. He wasnt at all intrested in what she was doing and carried on eating. She is much more settled now and running around her run collecting straw, she even came up to me and poked her nose through the bars of the run and sniffed me. So i think i startled her and stressed her out this morning. I rang the vets back and cancelled the appointment for today and explained to them that she was building a nest, she seems much more herself now and has had a poo which is totally normal.

He was 'done' back in October and the were living playing apart until the end of December , I seperated them a few weeks ago because he was humping her and she was making a trumpeting noise, I was told on here and over the phone by the vet to seperate them as she was hormonal. this is her second ,hopefully, phantom pregnancy but last time she didnt go all quiet and bury herself like she did today. Now she is acting just like she did last time so i think it was me with my over protec tive ways that upset her. But if she is really preggers i will be asking the vet some questions.

Back