• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly Ginger

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
She wasn't well last night, she had a HUGE sneezing fit, then was very very tired and couldn't really move herself, kinda walked along a little if you tried to get her to move then laid down in a heap.

This is the first episode in months and months and it was horrible, both for her and us.

She then decided to refuse all food, even a piece of bread :(

Knowing what we know, called the emergency vet, who thankfully is our vet and she authorised use of emeprid and an additional dose of metacam just in case she was hurting (after cutting it back, we were alright to do so).

She's still very quiet, but is self-eating and drinking and we've had several lovely piles of poops where she's been sat (out of the window litter training!).

Mummy gave her a cuddle while daddy administered emeprid (she always fights for that :?).

Mobile pics, so rubbish quality, but you can see, no spark in her beautiful big eyes.

Ginger2.jpg

Ginger1.jpg

'Mummy love on me I feels like ****'.

I hope she feels better soon :( She needs the MDGB :thumb:

Sorry to hear Ginger has had another not well episode.

I really hope this was just a one off and the spark will return asap.

Vibes for a speedy recovery xxx

Aw Ginger big hugs for you little girly. Get better soon sweetie and stay strong for mummy daddy and biscuit.

:( poor girly fingers and toes crossed for a speedy recovery xx

Oh little Ginger-Bun. Chin up honey. I hope you're feeling better very soon :love: Big loves from me, Pie and Oberon x

How is she now Gray?

It's almost like she's gone back to how she was before, very sleepy, not very bouncy at all :(

We're off to the vets this afternoon in case this blip has reduced her kidney function again, as she's barely been drinking again. I've administered subcut fluids myself this morning under instruction, hoping it may brighten her up.

However, she is eating and drinking a little, poops are looking good, not quite Gingerish, but good all the same.

Really hope giving her the myxi vaccination hasn't demolished her immune system completely :(

Thanks for asking Fluffers :)

Last edited:
Ginger looks so sad:cry:

I hope she feels better soon and that the MDGB works its magic.

Lots and lots of vibes for Ginger xxxxx

Back