• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

insurance question

okikokikate

Mama Doe
My four week free insurance ends in a few days time.
By the look of it on other threads, petplan is the best.

Just curious as to when you do have insurance, what happens when you want to take you bun for a check up?

Do you have to pay the £50 excess then the consultation fee?

I've never had my own pet before, so don't know about vets or anything

Routine check ups aren't covered by insurance so like vaccines etc
depending on the vet you have to pay for all the treatment then claim the money back minus the excess and some vets if its a hefty bill you pay the vet the excess and they claim the money back to themselves so you only pay the excess
insurance is a god send

Sounds like I should defo get it then. will have to ring up a vets and become a client...dont know what to call it lol

I'm also looking at insurance as my bunny has just been very ill... worried now though that as the vet has written 'tiny spurs on back teeth' on his notes I wont be able to insure against dental / teeth, am I righ tin thinking that? Just really worried because if he is going to need regular dental work then it's goin gto cost a fortune :(

I'm also looking at insurance as my bunny has just been very ill... worried now though that as the vet has written 'tiny spurs on back teeth' on his notes I wont be able to insure against dental / teeth, am I righ tin thinking that? Just really worried because if he is going to need regular dental work then it's goin gto cost a fortune :(

No insurance will cover malocclusion, unfortunately, so you will have to pay for the dentals either way. It's something I checked in detail when I got out insurance and most insurers will cover dental treatment if it is from illness or injury but nothing else. Also they don't cover any past conditions so anything that is on his notes now isn't covered.

Back