• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bella is home from her dental! U/D - Been for day after check up!

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Yay Bella is home :D she is so bright and is nibbling lettuce, basil and alfalfa hay :)

She had a lot done, I will write what it said on the sheet we were given.

Dental Chart:

101 201 - Removed it
102 202
106 206
107 207
108 208
109 209
110 210
111 211 - Missing

RHS LHS
411-Missing 311 -Missing
410 310
409 309
408 308
407 307

401 301

Dont really understand this^^^ help please :wave:

so they removed a tooth, and they filed all the others down including the one with the spur :? It all cost £99. is this good??? :?

anyway she is indoors for 24-48 hours and we are going back to the vets tomorrow morning for a check up.

Last edited:
Sounds like she's doing well, I always heave a sigh of relief once Scarlet eats her pellets. Make sure she is pooping and weeing ok. That sounds a reasonable price to me, we usually pay between £100 and £130 for a dental.

Sounds like she's doing well, I always heave a sigh of relief once Scarlet eats her pellets. Make sure she is pooping and weeing ok. That sounds a reasonable price to me, we usually pay between £100 and £130 for a dental.

Bella copes with operations so well, she is such a brave girl :love: yeh will check if she has pooed and weed a bit later as she has only been in the indoor cage an hour :) she is already fed up of being indoors :shock: hope scarlet is ok and wont need any more dentals any time soon.

Thank you, just came back from her check up at the vets, her gut is fine so doesn't need any more gut stimulant :)
she is nomming some pellets as we speak :D
we are keeping her in another night, then she'll go back out into her shed :)
The vets said its likely she will need another dental this year as her spur will be back :cry:

Glad she's ok!

Two dentals a year isn't too bad. How's her hay eating?

x

:)

she had a dental 18 months ago on her incisors, luckily they haven't caused any problems * touch wood*
Bella has a hay hutch when she is in the shed , she has meadow hay, but she does not eat it :( however she loves Alfalfa hay which I now give her, Im looking for some good hay reccomendations to try her on :)

Glad the check up went well. :thumb:

Spenser is really fussy with his hay. At the moment he will eat oat hay, but only if I encourage him by waggling it in front of him. He also sometimes likes orchard grass. Doesn't seem to care for the timothy hays. You could get Bella a sample pack from The Hay Experts, and I thunk Hay4Pets also do samples.

Glad the check up went well. :thumb:

Spenser is really fussy with his hay. At the moment he will eat oat hay, but only if I encourage him by waggling it in front of him. He also sometimes likes orchard grass. Doesn't seem to care for the timothy hays. You could get Bella a sample pack from The Hay Experts, and I thunk Hay4Pets also do samples.

sounds like Bella :lol:

I will get some samples and see which she likes best then get bigger bags of it. :D thanks for the recommendations :)

Back