• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scarlet's in FHB's, update post 12

RedFraggle

Warren Veteran
Just venting really, but Scarlet had her appointment with FHB this morning and has been kept in awaiting x-rays and whatever dental work is appropriate tomorrow.
She says one side of her mouth is ok, and the others a bit useless so she is probably only eating on the better side. Tomorrow it's a GA, a better look, x-rays and probably killing off her worst 3 bottom teeth and potentially taking a top one out (if it will come easy enough, this is the one that goes out into her cheek). My poor wee girlie. Orinoco is with her and if all that gets done they'll not be home til Thursday. I know it's in her better interests rather than dentals every 10 weeks but I'm feeling pretty awful right now.
Was very impressed with Frances, and the veterinary staff there though, so I trust in their judgement. You even get a slip to fill in and tick which veggies they are used to eating, and which type of nuggets they have.
Dreading tomorrow!

Last edited:
Fingers crossed everything goes well. Poor scarlet. Sounds like a posh hotel with the veggies menu. Do they get to choose pillows for bedtime too!

I hope all goes ok! :)

Flopsy has an appointment with FHB on Thursday after her dental issues took a turn for the worse over the weekend. My vets did a dental yesterday but like Scarlett, Flops has a tooth growing into her cheek which is what FHB is to have a look at.

Wishing you luck for her. And I'm also interested to hear what the outcome is for the sideways tooth. Grim has one and they usually file it right down to the gum. The same with the rest of his teeth.

Wishing you luck for her. And I'm also interested to hear what the outcome is for the sideways tooth. Grim has one and they usually file it right down to the gum. The same with the rest of his teeth.

Well that's what our vet had been doing, but FHB said she doesn't take them right back like that as she doesn't think it makes much difference. The sideways one is at the top, so she can't get access to take the pulp out and kill it, but she said sometimes they will just come out fairly easily. I will definately let you know the outcome.

Fingers crossed everything goes well. Poor scarlet. Sounds like a posh hotel with the veggies menu. Do they get to choose pillows for bedtime too![/QUOTE]

Like in a Holiday Inn, lol. They even said they would go out and get her parsley when I said that was usually the first thing she would eat. She'd normally come home the same day with our vet, so I took veg, nuggets and hay (though needn't have bothered) but I didn't take her parsley.

I love the veggie menu at FHB's! :love: Would sir like his carrot chopped, finely chopped or grated? :lol:

I hope the dental goes well tomorrow. Sending lots of vibes for Scarlet xx

Oh my goodness. :shock: I was working last night, and didn't see this when I was catching up with threads later.:oops: Sending lots of vibes for her, and calming one for you. It's good she has her handsome husbun with her. :love:

Have just spoken to FHB. Scarlet got through the procedure ok :D but her LHS teeth at the back (where you can't see well with an oteoscope) were far worse than anticipated, growing at all angles (one along her jaw) and in very bad condition (breaking and crumbling). She has had some more out, doesn't have many on the LHS now and FHB will talk me through it properly when I collect her. The upper tooth that grows into her cheek has also been removed. FHB said her mouth would have been very sore with how her teeth were and she is hoping that Scarlet will feel a whole lot better now and hopefully not need frequent dentals. Having heard this, I'm amazed she eats the way she does, she is an eating machine, but I can only think she has spent so much time with a sore mouth that she has just learned to eat on the good side and ignore it. Fingers crossed she has a good night, eats, poops and wees and can come home tomorrow morning. Still worried, but at least that's the first hurdle jumped.

Have just spoken to FHB. Scarlet got through the procedure ok :D but her LHS teeth at the back (where you can't see well with an oteoscope) were far worse than anticipated, growing at all angles (one along her jaw) and in very bad condition (breaking and crumbling). She has had some more out, doesn't have many on the LHS now and FHB will talk me through it properly when I collect her. The upper tooth that grows into her cheek has also been removed. FHB said her mouth would have been very sore with how her teeth were and she is hoping that Scarlet will feel a whole lot better now and hopefully not need frequent dentals. Having heard this, I'm amazed she eats the way she does, she is an eating machine, but I can only think she has spent so much time with a sore mouth that she has just learned to eat on the good side and ignore it. Fingers crossed she has a good night, eats, poops and wees and can come home tomorrow morning. Still worried, but at least that's the first hurdle jumped.

Great news. :thumb:
Vibes for a speedy recovery.

well done Scarlet!
Comfrey had appalling teeth (caused before he came into rescue) - crooked, brown, infected etc etc. Over the years we have had him he has had to have more and more out (actually most of them have simply fallen out) and he now has to have his pellets softened. But he copes incredibly well - except he uses it as an excuse only to eat pellets and sweet things:roll::roll: he wont touch hay and grass!

Back