• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats going on - I think Brackens sick

Amy104

Warren Veteran
Booked in to vets tonight - she's lost alot of weight which isn't unusual for her in winter, I've been feeding her extra seperately though, now she's got soaking feet and a bit stained underneath and her appatite seems reduced. First though was teeth but she's eating hay still? Other idea is kidneys? Do you think theres something going on, I know Bluebell was sick but the piggy was healthy. All three are from seperate cages, buns are vaccinated is there anything that spreads between species I should be worrying about? I'm panicing. I cant lose them all. :cry:

I don't have any advice for you but I didn't want to read and run... I hope the vets are able to find some answers for you tonight.

Oh no, how worrying :( I hope it's just coincidence and Bracken will be OK. Good luck at the vets. Sending lots of vibes xx

No nothing in common, all three have different hutches, different runs and different food, 1 was outside, 2 in the garage so monoxide seem unlikely also. Seems it was just me getting into a panic and all are unrelated.

Vet says bracken has an unusually small stomach so she feels full very quickly so we are going to try smaller more often meals to get some weight on.

She also has a bit of mild stasis at the mo which is making things worse, and because of her uncomfortableness she is just sitting in her urine as opposed to incontinent as her bum is dry it her feet etc that are wet.

We've got the usual meds and she enjoyed her brekki this morning and seemed alot perkier so I'm feeling much better today aswell.

On another positive note Willow (bluebells wifebun) has sucessfully settled with one of my male pairs. They are totally smitten with her and she seems a lot better in herself having some company.

I'm glad it's nothing major with Bracken Amy :)

Also, so very glad that Bluebell has already found more friends :)

Hugs to you, must be really difficult

I hope Bracken is back to normal very soon. One of my buns has the problem with urine when he's in stasis too. Glad it isn't anything too serious.

Good to hear Willow is happy with her new friends :)

Back