• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Which breed?

Chesterx123

Young Bun
I took on a new rabbit from a rescue, said to be around 6 months old. He is a giant however i don't know which kind. I need to know as i'm trying to find insurance quotes.
Can anyone help?

photo-1.jpg

Thank you.. this picture doesn't do him enough justice. Even if i am extremely biased he is the cutest little thing. Ears are so so so big!

Nawww :love: Either continental or british giant, swaying more towards british but I can't be sure

Oh my he's a very handsome looking chap :love:

My friend has a conti x and she looks very similar to him with those lovely long ears!

He's a gorgeous boy! :love::love::love: I'd say Conti.

....Not sure he looks 6 months though. :? He looks so young!

Continental Giant think . . just boarded one that looked so much like him . . (but 2 years old). Your one does not look 6 months old - I would say 4 months perhaps. ???? He hasnt grown into his ears yet. very young for the rescue to re-home - has he had his neuter and jabs yet?

Funny you should say that about age because I thought he was younger myself! He still has really fluffy baby fur!
Yes his jabs are all done I took him last week and his neuter is booked for Friday which the vets said he was ready for.. (the amount of times i've been circled and sprayed! :)

Funny you should say that about age because I thought he was younger myself! He still has really fluffy baby fur!
Yes his jabs are all done I took him last week and his neuter is booked for Friday which the vets said he was ready for.. (the amount of times i've been circled and sprayed! :)

Poor form for the rescue not to neuter him before you got him. :(

Was he born at the rescue, or brought in as a stray/no longer wanted? I would have thought they'd have some idea as to his age....!

Back