• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our old boy Frank has suddenly passed away

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:cry::cry::cry:

I am so upset i can barely breathe:cry::cry::cry::cry: He was so special I thought he would live forever.:love:

He was absolutely fine this morning, did his usual thing as I took him up to my room to free range, wiggled free of my arms to climb the remaining stair himself. He was eating and pooping fine a few hours ago. But when i went to put him back for his tea a little while ago I couldn't find him. I shone a torch under the bed and there he was, right in the middle. I am guessing it was his heart :cry:

I sat on the floor and sobbed for the first half hour, and couldn;t do anything. He was so far under and it is a king sized bed that eventually I had to take some of it apart to get to him :(

He had such a tough life, went through things no bunny should have to go through, but I hope these past 2 years with us were happy and peaceful ones for him. In a way i am glad the end was quick for him as he had suffered so much through out his life. Its just a terrible shock to us :cry::cry::cry:

Binky Free Franky boy, we will never, ever forget you. Thank you for sharing the final years of your life with us xxx

I am so sorry - but he knew such love in the last years that I am sure that was all he thought of as he left you.

I am so sorry. He was a lucky bun to have you give him the love he deserved.

Sleep tight little boy.x.x.

This is how I shall remember him - as a sun worshipper :love: But I am so glad we brought him inside for winter, although I was looking forward to spring time when we could get him back out in a sun spot :(

P8270491.jpg

P9230664.jpg

P9230670.jpg

I'm so very sorry Liz. :( I'm sure his time with you was very happy & his days would have been filled with much love. Huge hugs. xxx

Sleep tight handsome Frank.

So sorry Liz - but he ended his life with 2 years being exceptionally loved and well taken care of :love:

Sweet dreams beautiful boy x

Not long before Frank came to us he was in a fox attack that killed his partner and left him with only one eye and numerous scars, he was lucky to survive.

With us he would never except another bunny and seemed content with his own company and just a peaceful quite life ,left to his own devices to sleep and eat.

I have no idea who his partner was but it would be nice to think that maybe now they will be reunited at the bridge and Frank can finally cuddle up to another bunny who he trusts and loves:love:

Back