PDA

View Full Version : Esme admitted 2.20 am. Re-admitted. UD51 Coming home!!

Bunny Buddy
14-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Esme's been 'doing the belly ache thing' since about 11 pm. So I need to find out what her glucose level is before/instead of ringing the vets.

I can't believe how stressed I'm getting at the prospect, it's ridiculous. I am literally feeling sick and shaking so I'm sorting out a strategy.

I think I need to catch her in a carrier and take her into the bathroom where I can keep her cornered more easily. I'm dreading trimming the hair off her ear as much as sticking the needle in, i just have horrible visions of cutting her eat. What if I can't see the vein? (and various other what ifs!)

I first saw her laying in her litter tray which isn't normal. Then she seemed alright, then 5 minutes later went back to the tray, seemed to be straining (her tail went very high so I thought cystitis rather than guts??) then she lay in the position she was earlier. But she is doing the changing positions thing and stretching, refusing food so it *could* be guts and I need to know. She felt very warm.

I'd given her some hay at about 9.30/10 pm and she was eating that very enthusiastically just before the pain behaviour. She keeps having long sessions of preening when I start to think she's alright then she does the big stretch/lie down thing.

I've set myself til 12.30 before I do the test if she still doesn't look right. Only 6 minutes now :cry::cry:

The vet's I'm registered with aren't on call tonight so I'll have to take her elsewhere.

Update 1.20 I couldn't find a vein. I did manage to trim some hair and wet the surface but I couldn't see a vein. I've just spoken to the out of hours vet and he said she's unlikely to come to any serious harm before tomorrow morning. He kept on going on about whether she was spayed or not:( I did explain she had had a blockage in the past albeit not requiring surgery. She is moving about and looks quite bright from time to time so I honestly believe her glucose to he in the range of 12 - 16, even thought I've not tested. I'll be napping in her room and setting the alarm at hourly intervals until I'm convinced she's okay or I need to get her seen.

Captain Helen
14-02-2012, 01:37 AM
How worrying :( I don't know anything about doing the test, but I hope she'll be OK. Sending lots of vibes for Esme and hugs for you xx

Bunny Buddy
14-02-2012, 03:33 AM
How worrying :( I don't know anything about doing the test, but I hope she'll be OK. Sending lots of vibes for Esme and hugs for you xx

Thanks Helen.

Esme started to get very stressed at about 2.20, she was hyperventilating and stretching whilst laid in her oval plastic pet bed so I could constantly hear her claws scrapping, it was horrible to watch. I decided to ring the local vets as the vet I previously spoke to was the far side of Harrogate from here, so 50+ minutes away and so I thought I'd take my chances locally - I felt time was of the essence.

Never considered this particular vet rabbit savvy before (I think he's mainly farm animal vet) but he was brilliant. I don't know if he would have done the glucose test but was happy to when I asked and it was only 12.1, so no full blockage at the time but poor Esme definitely needed seeing. Vet felt she was dehydrated so said he would give fluids (and the usual cocktail of drugs, too tired to list!) She's been admitted. I thought I'd find that really hard to cope with but actually felt reassured by the consultation so felt okay about it. Hopefully she'll be more comfortable now. She was booked in for myxo jab later today so better cancel that at usual vets when they open.

Getting some shut eye now.

Alibunmum
14-02-2012, 04:09 AM
I am really glad you managed to get her seen and by a vet who seems to know what he is doing.

Barn Yard Bunnies
14-02-2012, 04:45 AM
Really hoping Esme will be fine. xxx

KarenM
14-02-2012, 07:52 AM
How worrying, poor Esme. It sounds like she's been in good hands overnight though. I hope you managed to get some sleep and that there is some good news this morning. :D

Snowberry
14-02-2012, 08:17 AM
Lots of vibres for esme, I hope she is feeling better this morning.

Bunny Buddy
14-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Thanks for the support.

I've just reached breaking point with these :censored: stasis episodes :cry::cry:

I've just had a lovely phone call from local vet who said Esme is brighter but not eating for herself. She's on fluid therapy, being syringe fed liquidy food and painkillers as needed.

They did a mini blood screen and everything was okay. Her 'blood sugar' was slightly raised but not alarmingly so. They may x-ray her today (conscious) if they feel the need but otherwise just carrying on with the supportive care. Also of huge relief to me, the vet spontaneously asked me if I was happy for them to continue the care and if there was anything complex they found there was the option of referring to Harcourt-Brown's. I was finding the prospect of that conversation really difficult because it's like a snub to my local vets, who I used prior to HB's, which it isn't, there's just a world class rabbit vet only 20 miles away so, why not?

What I didn't say last night is 'Barnaby' (my 'foster bun' who hasn't been put up for rehoming yet) was admitted at HB's yesterday afternoon with a stasis episode. Never had two on the same day before, that's a first even for me.

Captain Helen
14-02-2012, 10:41 AM
It must be so worrying to have two buns admitted. :( They're both in good hands. I hope they can come home soon. Sending lots of vibes for Esme and Barnaby xx

Sky-O
14-02-2012, 10:46 AM
I'm so sorry you're having such a rough ccouple of days. You did really well to try and get the blood sugar from her prior to calling the vet, and I'm glad that the second vet you called was decent and has provided Esme with good care. I hope she, and also Barnaby, are both improving.

With regards to the glucose tests, having watched my vets, when I was hunting for a vein I warmed the bunny up and then where I knew to be a vein I added pressure to try and make the vein more visible, which did work quite well. I definitely appreciate the stress and anxiety tha goes with it though.

*squishes tight*

Bunny Buddy
14-02-2012, 02:31 PM
Thanks everybody so much for the support.

I'm so sorry you're having such a rough ccouple of days. You did really well to try and get the blood sugar from her prior to calling the vet, and I'm glad that the second vet you called was decent and has provided Esme with good care. I hope she, and also Barnaby, are both improving.

With regards to the glucose tests, having watched my vets, when I was hunting for a vein I warmed the bunny up and then where I knew to be a vein I added pressure to try and make the vein more visible, which did work quite well. I definitely appreciate the stress and anxiety tha goes with it though.

*squishes tight*

Thanks especially for this. I have been shown and watched the finding a vein but I didn't think to do it :oops: I'm determined to conquer it though. On the plus side, Esme was so very, very good just laying in the carrier letting me fiddle with her ear - at least I know that strategy worked.

I got another call to say x-ray is unremarkable and she keeps removing the drip - they might go to sub cuts because of this! Bless her at least she's got fight in her. They would just carry on with the supportive care and tempt her with her favourites.

Barnaby's home and very bright, I've yet to see him eat anything but no reason to believe he won't.

Off out to buy cabbage now as the rest of the flock need feeding.

Barn Yard Bunnies
15-02-2012, 12:01 AM
Glad Barney is fine and hope Esme is eating now. xxx

BinkyBun
15-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Sending nomming vibes xx

Bunny Buddy
15-02-2012, 09:36 AM
Glad Barney is fine and hope Esme is eating now. xxx

Sending nomming vibes xx

Thanksies :love::love:

Barnaby is nomming for England after a slow start and is back to his friendly self

Esme is getting 6* treatment, the whole package being 6* in fact. I got to visit her yesterday and take some favourites in for her. She was looking a bit sorry for herself intermittantly but looked bright and was wandering round. She had just started nibbling food for herself.

I got a call from the vet nurse this morning to say that Esme is eating well, pooing and weeing, very bright. The vet who rang last night suggested she'd be coming home today. The vet who decides today is seeing emergencies at the mo but will ring with a 'plan'.

So, sounds like she'll be back soon. :D

Pie
15-02-2012, 09:56 AM
I'm so sorry you're going through all this with Esme but very happy she has turned a corner this morning. Why bunnies suffer from stasis I don't know. :(
I hope she continues to improve, keep us updated :wave:

KarenM
15-02-2012, 12:33 PM
Not Barnaby too :( (lovely name btw! :love:) I hope they're both well enough to come home today.

Bunny Buddy
15-02-2012, 08:58 PM
Thanks again.

Esme is now home. I think my lack of sleep for the last 2 nights has caused my anxiety (general) and paranoia to be in overdrive, I realised the fact that I'd barely eaten all day was a factor :roll:

I rushed home from work, was collecting Esme at 5.50, wanted to check everybody before going back out and Barnaby didn't come out of the 'dark' bit of the hutch, he's normally there waiting as you approach from 30 yards. He's been fine since coming home. I made a lot of noise to attract his attention. Nothing. Opened the solid door and he startled. I got it into my head he was unwell again but had only a few minutes before going to collect Esme. Short version I got in a right state about prioritising and was 20 minutes late for Esme (though I did ring to say I had an emergency), booked Barnaby in, tried to catch him and he appeared absolutely fine. Took a biscuit off me. :shock::oops::oops:

Anyhow, got Esme, and I've got to say it was gold star service all the way, they had kept ringing with updates, explained everything thoroughly etc. I was very impressed.

I got in a bit of a stress about Esme when I got home as she's very unresponsive, if I'd just had the sense to read the invoice earlier, she has had two lots of vetergesic today, no wonder. I got in s panic and rang the vet for advice (so, so tired I can't think straight). She has brightened up massively in the last 20 minutes and has requested a cuddle and is tucking in, very heartily to some dried plantain. :D

Barnaby was on top form last time I checked too. :D

Sky-O
15-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Your poor mind. No wonder you're stressed! I'm glad all is currently on thhe up though :)

I wonder if it might help you to write down instructions for yourself for the blood glucose test and then if you need to do it you can just get out the instructions and follow them, which might help ease some of the panic and make it easier for you too.

Have you tried doing them when the bunny is well, so there is less anxiety around doing it?

Jack's-Jane
15-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Your poor mind. No wonder you're stressed! I'm glad all is currently on thhe up though :)

I wonder if it might help you to write down instructions for yourself for the blood glucose test and then if you need to do it you can just get out the instructions and follow them, which might help ease some of the panic and make it easier for you too.

Have you tried doing them when the bunny is well, so there is less anxiety around doing it?

That's what I did

I am glad that Esme and Barnaby are doing better now xx

Bunny Buddy
15-02-2012, 09:13 PM

I tend to work better from demonstration though I suppose written back up is a good idea, to remind me of that i'd seen. The idea of doing it when their well is a good one and I think I need to do it at the vets whilst supervised/encouraged. I hate the idea of causing pain or discomfort anyway but to do it when they are well feels horrible, though I know it's for their sake. Maybe I should get in the habit of asking the vet to let me watch/do the test during the consult if not pushed for time. It did help me a lot when I saw Allison take Elijah's a couple fo weeks ago.

The truth of the matter is though, Esme's blood glucose was only 12.1, so not in the danger zone but she was in extreme pain/distress so she needed treatment so even if I had got the reading I would still have got the poor vet out of his bed at silly o'clock. I also, having lost a rabbit to liver torsion and have seen another in pain with kidney stones, will always play the 'what if' it's something else serious. I kind of think if I did take the reading would it reassure me anyway?

Interestingly, Barnaby's BG on admission was only 9 :? The most likely cause for his bellyache/refusing food was because he'd been stuffing himself. Pretty much identical to a stunt Binky played last year.

Bunny Buddy
15-02-2012, 09:16 PM
That's what I did

I am glad that Esme and Barnaby are doing better now xx

Thank you.

Yes, I think I need to try again. I want to try it with somebody encouraging me though. Ironically, I can see Esme's vein really well now as her ears are shaved, but I'm not going to practice on her tonight!!

Sky-O
15-02-2012, 09:24 PM
The writing it down is just to remind you of the steps. You do know it all, that's clear, but panic can make the mind forget stuff and do things in the wrong order.

I will say that when I did Autumns, the first time I spent about fifteen minutes with him 'pinned' between my legs while I searched (but I forgot a clipper/razor). He sat there as good as gold. The next time I shaved him (and nicked his ear, poor boy) and had him between my legs and gave him a mound of pellets (he doesn't normally get a mound but I was making an exception). He sat there and whilst I did the whole thing just carried on eating. He wasn't stressed or phased at all. He wiggled a bit when it went in but not once did he stop eating, and I didn't even have to hold him in place, he just sat. So it can't be that stressful for him. Yes, all bunnies will act differently, but I don't think it's as bad as we think it could be, if that makes sense.

I did his in the morning the first time (came out at 5.1). I've been advised that because his episodes are mostly late in the day to do a blood sugar at that time too. Can't say I'm relishing that prospect, to be honest, but we'll get there (and then I'll take a sleeping tablet so I'm not panicking all night afterwards :lol:).

Learning how to do it at the vets is a great idea :) They can encourage you and help if anything makes you anxious. :)

Barn Yard Bunnies
16-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Great to hear they are both eating. :love:

Bunny Buddy
16-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Thanks again.

Esme went for her check up this morning and I was concerned as she's more subdued than I'd like and not eating enough. She's been re-admitted.

Got home from the hour or so toing and froing with Esme (she was seen at a branch and I took her to main surgery) checked everybody before starting work and Erin refused a fenugreek and went off to hide :cry::cry::cry::cry: She's not right but neither is she in agony. I'm giving her a litte while. She has eaten her breakfast.

Jaysmonkey
16-02-2012, 12:27 PM
Lots of vibes for Esme xx

Jack's-Jane
16-02-2012, 12:41 PM
Thanks again.

Esme went for her check up this morning and I was concerned as she's more subdued than I'd like and not eating enough. She's been re-admitted.

Got home from the hour or so toing and froing with Esme (she was seen at a branch and I took her to main surgery) checked everybody before starting work and Erin refused a fenugreek and went off to hide :cry::cry::cry::cry: She's not right but neither is she in agony. I'm giving her a litte while. She has eaten her breakfast.

Cabbage ??

I mean did you buy some and feed it to the Buns ?

I am beginning to think it is gassy tums you are dealing with ??

Bunny Buddy
16-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Cabbage ??

I mean did you buy some and feed it to the Buns ?

I am beginning to think it is gassy tums you are dealing with ??

They get spring greens from either Tescos or Morrison wherever they look the best.
I could be. I've started to wonder if there's a problem with hay storage? I have considered the cabbage as I must be getting something wrong. Rudy hasn't had a belly ache in a while and I used to blame greens for his bouts. I wish I had the answer. FHB says I'm just good at recognising the symptoms but I've had plenty of practice and there has to be somehting I'm getting wrong :cry::cry:

I have found some gnawed carpet in Erin's pen though (I did a refit when Elijah was staying at Hotel Harcourt recently). The carpet was definitely not chevelled last night as I sat in that spot cuddling her. She's just come out, quite enthusiastically for a cuddle but felt tense and still refused the F crunchie. Given what I've found with the carpet I will be on the phone to HB's in about 10 - 15 minutes unless she picks up. :cry::cry:

Jack's-Jane
16-02-2012, 12:59 PM
They get spring greens from either Tescos or Morrison wherever they look the best.
I could be. I've started to wonder if there's a problem with hay storage? I have considered the cabbage as I must be getting something wrong. Rudy hasn't had a belly ache in a while and I used to blame greens for his bouts. I wish I had the answer. FHB says I'm just good at recognising the symptoms but I've had plenty of practice and there has to be somehting I'm getting wrong :cry::cry:

I have found some gnawed carpet in Erin's pen though (I did a refit when Elijah was staying at Hotel Harcourt recently). The carpet was definitely not chevelled last night as I sat in that spot cuddling her. She's just come out, quite enthusiastically for a cuddle but felt tense and still refused the F crunchie. Given what I've found with the carpet I will be on the phone to HB's in about 10 - 15 minutes unless she picks up. :cry::cry:

Can you syringe some water into her ?

Bunny Buddy
16-02-2012, 01:31 PM
Erin no longer feels tense, was very alert and enjoyed some dried plantain, I can't find the crunchie that she ws refusing before. I *think* it was probably just gas. I've gathered up the bits of chevelled carpet I doubt she's ingested any but will keep an eye on the situation.

Can you syringe some water into her ?

Thanks. would you think this is still appropriate now she's brighter and eating?

Jack's-Jane
16-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Erin no longer feels tense, was very alert and enjoyed some dried plantain, I can't find the crunchie that she ws refusing before. I *think* it was probably just gas. I've gathered up the bits of chevelled carpet I doubt she's ingested any but will keep an eye on the situation.

Thanks. would you think this is still appropriate now she's brighter and eating?

No, but note what is coming out. Output is just as important as input.

Personally I no longer use carpet and any Bun who is a chewer has no access to fabric of any sort. IMO it is just not worth the risk.

How much Greens do you feed. I look at some portions shown on here and I am :shock: at the amount fed in one sitting. Some Buns get more Veg a day than mine get in a week.

helgalush
16-02-2012, 03:11 PM
So sorry for all the worries you have been having with Esme and Barnaby. I hope Esme will feel better soon - sending vibes for her.
It sends your nerves through the roof I think as soon as you realise something is wrong, and thats just for when bun, let alone when you have several of them unwell at once.
Get well soon Esme x

Bunny Buddy
16-02-2012, 07:32 PM
No, but note what is coming out. Output is just as important as input.

Personally I no longer use carpet and any Bun who is a chewer has no access to fabric of any sort. IMO it is just not worth the risk.

How much Greens do you feed. I look at some portions shown on here and I am :shock: at the amount fed in one sitting. Some Buns get more Veg a day than mine get in a week.

There has been good output this afternoon, which is actually unusual for Erin as I usually have to wait until 9pm for her to produce a pile (not that I spend all day on poop patrol of course ;). FHB thinks Erin probably does poop during the day but eats them again and then only leaves them in the evening, they are often stringy which ties in with this theory.

Erin has never been a carpet cheveller before, it must be this new carpet she's taken a like to :?

As for greens: it varies between rabbits but average feed is at breakfast half a medium spring green leaf per rabbit, same between 12 ansd 2pm, then again at about 7pm and 11/midnight. ie total of 2 medium leaves but spread through the day.

Update on Esme: She's not done very well today. She's appeared in pain this afternoon and been given more painkillers, she's not eaten much on her own but has nibbled hay. Has been syringe fed though. I think the nurse said she'd been hyperventilating but I didn't question it, I was shocked, she may have said 'not been' hyperventilating. I've been really upset since but may have got it wrong anyway.

I do know she has a very rabbit-savvy, rabbit-orientated nurse caring for her through the night so she is in good hands and will be well looked after. I guess if she has been hyperventilating and isn't doing any better then we could be calling on Frances but I may have got it wrong and Esme may just be reacting to being back there again. :( I'm upset and very worried about my girl though. :cry::cry:

helgalush
16-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Sending lots more vibes for Esme.

martlou
16-02-2012, 10:42 PM
Loads more vibes for Esme x

Bunny Buddy
16-02-2012, 10:49 PM
Sending lots more vibes for Esme.

Loads more vibes for Esme x

Thank you.

I'm really missing Esme at this time of day. She should be racing around here causing havoc :cry::cry:

Barn Yard Bunnies
16-02-2012, 10:49 PM
So sorry to hear Esme is poorly again. Mega vibes the treatment works and she gets back to normal soon. xxx

Jack's-Jane
17-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Hoping for good news about Esme today ?

*lily*
17-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Sending loads of good wishes xxx

Captain Helen
17-02-2012, 09:40 AM
Hope Esme is feeling better today. Sending lots of vibes xx

Bunny Buddy
17-02-2012, 10:22 AM
:(:(:(

She's very quiet, not eating much, being syringe fed.

She was hyperventilating a bit yesterday so was given pain relief. I'm getting the impression that she's not eating because she's in pain. I can't understand it at this stage. She is having a lot of painkillers as appropriate so no criticism there just want to understand why she isn't recovering at this stage. Is it more than a bad stasis episode????

*sigh*. I am really worried about her now. :cry::cry::cry: She definitely isn't doing well.

She has had blood profile etc, a lot of diagnostics and care.

Vet will ring me in the next few hours. I can't settle to anything in the meantime.

Poor Esme. :cry::cry:

helgalush
17-02-2012, 01:00 PM
I am sorry she is still poorly. Sending lots more vibes for Esme. Hope the vet call brings some positive news.

Tracy
17-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Only just catching up with this. I'm so sorry that you are having such a dreadful time. :(

Sending loads of vibes for Esme and a big hug for you. xx

*Bex*
17-02-2012, 01:46 PM
Sending lots of vibes. I hope you get some good news about Esme today x

Jack's-Jane
17-02-2012, 02:20 PM
:(:(:(

She's very quiet, not eating much, being syringe fed.

She was hyperventilating a bit yesterday so was given pain relief. I'm getting the impression that she's not eating because she's in pain. I can't understand it at this stage. She is having a lot of painkillers as appropriate so no criticism there just want to understand why she isn't recovering at this stage. Is it more than a bad stasis episode????

*sigh*. I am really worried about her now. :cry::cry::cry: She definitely isn't doing well.

She has had blood profile etc, a lot of diagnostics and care.

Vet will ring me in the next few hours. I can't settle to anything in the meantime.

Poor Esme. :cry::cry:

Stasis is usually a secondary symptom of another issue rather than an illness in it's own right. Hopefully the diagnostics will shed some light on what the primary problem may be.

Bunny Buddy
17-02-2012, 03:46 PM
Stasis is usually a secondary symptom of another issue rather than an illness in it's own right. Hopefully the diagnostics will shed some light on what the primary problem may be.

Sorry, I worded it badly, I'm soo tired (and at work so I'll keep it brief!). Esme had bloods taken the first night and nothing remarkable. they really have been thorough and explained everything well. Vet talked about not being able to find any pain responses. She's come off the vetergesic now and metaclop. She's had a change (I think to metacam and domperidone but not 100% sure). i'm happy she's off the vetergesic as I don't like that being used unless necessary (which I believe it was, at the time).

I felt very reassured everything appropriate is being done. I think I just got panicked when I heard she had been hyperventilating again. They've got notes from HB's to see if there's any clues. Will take each hour as it comes. I spent 1/2 hour with Esme who was fairly unresponsive, not stressed just not engaging. As soon as the lid went back on the carrier though she moved about and thumped, so my take is that she is just stressed. I'm reviewing the situation tomorrow. Vet offered to send her to HB's if I think that is the right thing to do but as I think stress is main component, holding off for the moment.

Thanks for the vibes and advice etc.

Jack's-Jane
17-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Sorry, I worded it badly, I'm soo tired (and at work so I'll keep it brief!). Esme had bloods taken the first night and nothing remarkable. they really have been thorough and explained everything well. Vet talked about not being able to find any pain responses. She's come off the vetergesic now and metaclop. She's had a change (I think to metacam and domperidone but not 100% sure). I felt very reassured everything appropriate is being done. Decided to leave her there as I now think I'm overreacting due to being chronically tired. They've got note from HB's to see if there's any clues. Will take each hour as it comes. I spent 1/2 hour with Esme who was fairly unresponsive, not stresses just not engaging. As soon as the lid went back on the carrier though she moved about and thumped, so my take is that she is just stressed. I'm reviewing the situation tomorrow. Vet offered to send her to HB's if I think that is the right thing to do but as I think stress is main component, holding off for the moment.

Thanks for the vibes and advice etc.

Metoclop can cause gripey tummy pains, so *maybe* that could be an issue and why the Vet has stopped it.

Hopefully the next update will be better xx

Bunny Buddy
17-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Metoclop can cause gripey tummy pains, so *maybe* that could be an issue and why the Vet has stopped it.

Hopefully the next update will be better xx

Thanks Jane. That's reassured me a lot. I doubt she's had metaclop before as FHB usually gives Domperidone, so *maybe* the drug regime wasn't suiting her as well as her usual one.

I do know vets are putting in 110% effort.

martlou
17-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Lots of continued vibes for Esme x

Vita
17-02-2012, 04:47 PM
How worrying for you. I hope Esme gets better & that you can get some sleep.

Bunny Buddy
17-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Thanks for the vibes everyone.

I'm feeling far less worried about Es now I've had a sleep and had most recent updates.

One update from the vet at 6pm and then another from night duty nurse at 8pm.

Bloods and biochemistry (?not sure what this is) have been sent off and results will be known tomorrow.

Esme is bright some of the time and has been eating bits. When checked on it is observed that Fenugreek Crunchies offered earlier have disappeared and she's nibbled some spring greens. I'm really optimistic now that she's just having a recovery from a bad belly ache, if I'd felt like she did on Monday night I think I'd take a while to recover too. I think coming home and then going back in has made the recovery longer than had she stayed, so when I count how many days I should take this into account. This has happened to Elijah once too - nothing to find medically but hardly eating, that was definitely stress-related from coming home and then going back.

Artie has just made me have a really long cuddle and the world always seems better after one of those :love::love:

So, I'm really hoping she eats well overnight, but even if she eats better that will be a start. At least there's no suggestion of pain today.

Bunny Buddy
18-02-2012, 10:34 AM
I have an appointment with vet at noon to collect her :D:D

We are 'trying her at home' and there is (I think?) the option of taking her back for the night but I'm unclear on whether it was considered likely or optional but I suspect it would be detrimental, I think home or stay are the best options but she's eaten well overnight so I'm anticipating that continuing now.

So happy. It is what I was expecting after the consultation yesterday afternoon, but there'll always an underlying 'what if' there is something going on in these situations.

Jack's-Jane
18-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Great news :D

Bunny Buddy
18-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Great news :D

:love: Thank you.

I'm supposedly taking her back at 6pm for the nurse to syringe feed and medicate over night but she's been behaving like a Hoover ever since she's been home so I don't at the moment anticipate her going back :D:D

Sky-O
18-02-2012, 02:02 PM
Great news! I hope she continues to stay bright and Hoover-like :D

Bunny Buddy
18-02-2012, 02:25 PM
Great news! I hope she continues to stay bright and Hoover-like :D

:love:Thank you.:D I've just come back into the room and given them a handful of dried plantain each which she Hoovered down and l glanced round to see if she was still nomming and she's now got a gob full of the fresh grass I picked for her :D:D:D:D

.... she's been troughing the grass busily for about 3 minutes now :D:D:D

I knew straight away she was miles better than a couple of days ago because as soon as I picked the plantain up (5 minutes after she got home) she heared the plastic bag and her face lit up :love::love: