• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Head Tilt?

Chesterx123

Young Bun
I have just taken in a rabbit from a rescue. He is 6 months old and I have had him for a month. Up until now he has seemed healthy and full of life. Over the last few days I have noticed his head leaning to one side (he is a giant and both ears seem to lean to one side of his body) It doesn't seem to be affecting him in any way. I have tried to research what it could be and all that i am reading is head tilt information. Is this something that can happen out of nowhere?

He is booked into the vets on friday to be neutered so i can ask her to check him over then, but does anyone have any ideas on what it could be. Is this normal? My other two rabbits don't do this.

Firstly, I would postpone the neuter until you find out what it is.

There is a chance it is e. cuniculi and you definitely don't want to be putting his immune system under any stress if it is. It could also be something such as ear infection. Whatever it is, personally, I would look at treating that first, get him in good health and then pursue the neuter.

I read about head tilts but thought it was something they were born with. So glad i asked now, I will ring the vets first thing to get him checked out! Hope its nothing serious, poor boy :(

I have had a bunny with head tilt, it can be caused by so many different things.

I hope he gets on well at the Vets tomorrow, millions of positive vibes for a speedy recovery x

Back