• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Explaining to a non-bunny person how to hold a bunny still

helennnnnn

Wise Old Thumper
I am still having to clean Hopscotch's "third nostril" every day. My Mum has now gone away for the week. Dad is absolutely hopeless. I just don't understand! He either "holds" him so loosely that Hopscotch just hops away. Or he's squeezing him too hard and making his eyes bulge! Honestly. I don't understand why he can't just hold him still. I ended up having to hold him between my legs and try to poke at his hole at the same time which wasn't very easy! Although I managed okay just about.

Any advice??

Apart from what I suggested last night I don't know what else to suggest :( Maybe try showing him some videos of handling? Tell him exactly how? Tell him one hand behind bum and one in front of his front legs, stopping him moving? Or I dunno. How does your mom keep him still? Tell him exactly where to put his hands?

Any advice??
Have you got a sensible, non-squeamish friend who could pop in every couple of days? Perhaps the problem with your father is not so much that he can't hold Hopscotch but is worried if he gets too close to the tweezers and the hole he might pass out!

Good luck!

Apart from what I suggested last night I don't know what else to suggest :( Maybe try showing him some videos of handling? Tell him exactly how? Tell him one hand behind bum and one in front of his front legs, stopping him moving? Or I dunno. How does your mom keep him still? Tell him exactly where to put his hands?

I have shown him exactly how to do it. He just can't seem to find the happy medium between squeezing and stroking!

could you wrap him in a towel and hold him on your lap facing towards you?? hmm :?

I've tried before and found myself having more luck without attempting to wrap him up! I might try again for Dad though.

Have you got a sensible, non-squeamish friend who could pop in every couple of days? Perhaps the problem with your father is not so much that he can't hold Hopscotch but is worried if he gets too close to the tweezers and the hole he might pass out!

Good luck!

The only friends I would trust live too far away to pop in sadly! I think Dad's problem is that he is just terrified :lol: He's never been a pet-person! I just didn't think he would be quite so hopeless!

Dad's out all evening so I attempted to do it on my own again, this is what happened...

I knocked over the bottle of solution I am using to wash/syringe into his face-hole, so went to grab a tea towel to mop it up, came back to this...

923d0eef.jpg

Then as I was moping it up I turned around and saw this...

6fb12a0a.jpg

Looked up and see this...

739e873c.jpg

"It wasn't me" :roll:

Come home Mum I can't handle this ball of fluffy trouble on my own!!

Dad's out all evening so I attempted to do it on my own again, this is what happened...

I knocked over the bottle of solution I am using to wash/syringe into his face-hole, so went to grab a tea towel to mop it up, came back to this...

923d0eef.jpg

Then as I was moping it up I turned around and saw this...

6fb12a0a.jpg

Looked up and see this...

739e873c.jpg

"It wasn't me" :roll:

Come home Mum I can't handle this ball of fluffy trouble on my own!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol: He is a little devil. Julie is just like that.

Back