• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to keep photos clear but small?

sierra*323

Mama Doe
Hello :wave:

Quick question: how can I make a picture small enough to be a signature or avatar without making it fuzzy?

I usually resize it in paint with the stretch/skew option, but there must be a better way...

Ooh that was quick! Would that mean I'd have to cut out a small section rather than shrinking the whole image? :?

Yes but sometimes it gives you an option of the resulting size. Depends on what you are using really.

You might also find an 'adjust size' or similar in the menus. I don't use Windows so haven't opened Paint for some time but on a Mac you have Preview which is a bit similar and has that option within the menus.

Thank you :) The avatar seems to have worked ok... just got to work a simpler signature perhaps as I don't want to take over the page! :thumb:

Back