• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Whats your buns fav Veg?

k.mdaniels

Alpha Buck
I think my two are getting fed up with spring greens or else they dont taste great at the moment:roll:

Will try them with something differnt at the weekend. What does your buns like to eat?

mine love most veg e.g

rocket,watercress,spinach,kale,broccoli/leaves,romaine lettice,

herbs

basil,corriander,parsley,mint,thyme,dill,

think your buns will let you know if they like it or not:roll:

sox - carrot (just like locksley used to)

mabel - carrot too :lol: although she wonlt turn her nose up to other greens, just the carrot always goes down first with my buns

Herbie always goes for carrots, parsley and baby sweetcorn first if they are in the dish. Inca just eats the first thing that comes to her mouth.

I feed mine a mix of spring greens, savoy cabbage, parsley, mint, basil, dill, coriander, broccoli, tenderstem broccoli, cauliflower, sugar snap peas, trimmed fine beans, mange tout, carrots, celery....I am sure there are a few more but can't think just now.

My 2 are very spoilt, 2 neighbours leave veg bags on our wall and I buy veg too.

In order of preference:
apple
Broccolli stems
broccolli florets
carrot
cauliflower leaves
cauli
parsnip
cabbage (any variety)
swede
banana
melon

and owt else they can pinch!

I keep a large baking bowl in the fridge with all the peelings etc in it and grab a handful each morning, then leave it to 'warm up' in the bunny jug all day and give them it for tea, they have pellets on a morning and hay constantly, think I might come back in the next life as a bunny in my house!:lol:

Absolute faves are fresh grass and apple tree branches and leaves.
Herbs like coriander, parsley etc, are always snatched awy and eaten with gusto, but I only buy them when they're in the market in season - they're way too expensive at the moment, particularly when feeding 11 buns.

Other cheaper faves are parsnip, pear, swede, spinach, rocket....

Back