• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rosie is much happier thanks to RU

LittleEskimo

Mama Doe
Since getting Rosie's new housing and taking advice form the RU Rosie has become so much more friendly and relaxed around me :D she was never scared of me but never seemed to 'like' me. With her old hutch I would always have to pick her up to put her out and put her to bed which she HATED. It didn't have any doors on the front so I couldn't sit and stroke her or anything and so I never really bonded with her. She was happy and I took good care of her and everything but you know what I mean. I had always wanted to get her a new bigger hutch as I hated the old hutch but I never found something I could afford. Anyway after looking at everyones amazing housing on the forum I was inspired to improve her housing and get it soon :) I looked around at websites people had recomended and found a great solid hutch that I could afford :D She seems to love her new proper sized home. And with the big doors I can sit right next to her and reach in to give her treats and rubs. She has stopped seeing me as a big tall threat that picks her up all the time and has even began to trust me enough to give her nose rubs :love: I have taken advice from people on the forum and I take my dog back inside so that I can sit with my bunny without the dog getting jealous. Rosie knows when I have treats for her and will stand up on her back legs waiting for me to open the door to give it to her. Then she will gently take it off me and run away with it :lol: She is very sweet and cheeky and I am so happy I took peoples advice and improved her living and the amount of time I spend with her (even if it is freezing lol) and she seems much happier now. The only problem is she can seem quite lonely when I am not there sat next to her so my next mission is to get her a buddy :) Just a little update on how she is doing and a thankyou to everyone who helped and gave me advice :wave:

Yes I am so very happy and so is she :D I have also started scattering her pellets into her hay and herbs and she loves to dig around and search for them

What good news! :D
Yes, I'm sure she would love a companion - unless exceptional circumstances, most rabbits are happier with a friend.

Back