• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just wondering....introducing a new rabbit...not that I can have one :(

madcatwoman

Mama Doe
We have a male and female pair that we bonded in November, they are soooo in love its sickly!:lol:

We have or rather I have tentatively discussed with my hubby possibly maybe perhaps fostering another.

So question 1, when fostering can the foster bunny be bonded/live with the original pair or do you need separate facilities, or is it cruel to bond them then possibly remove the foster bun if a new home comes along.

2nd question, both of mine are vac'd and neutered, my female is nearly 6 and my male is only 2, so if nature runs its natural course then Ozzie boy will end up alone at some point so if I had a third rabbit we would never have a single bunny, I appreciate that they would still grieve for the missing one.

But would I be better having a 2 male, 1 female situation or the other way round? Or because my 2 are so in love would it be a total mistake to take on a third and possibly rock the boat/

All this is hypothetical at the moment because my husband is just giving me 'that look' whenever I raise the subject, but if I could go into discussion armed with all the answers then who knows.....I usually get my way eventually:lol:

id leave them as they are, it wouldn't be right to bond a foster bunny with them then remove, it wll be stressful not only on your own bunnies, but also the foster bun, i would keep them out of sight, if possible could you fostor a pair until they find a forever loving home or 2 fostor bunnies

i can understand your age dfferent questons, but wouldn;t bond a foster withm them to splt them up if you did want a third bunny then he/she must be permanant stayer, or keep things as they are, and if/when time comes, hopefully not soon then you can adopt another bun for a berieved bunny

Back