• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rushed Fifi to the vets :o(/ admitted/ ud p17

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
Found her this morning huddled in a corner, shaking badly despite not being cold :cry::cry:

She was fine last night, her bright cheeky self, she has eaten all her food over night and has done some lovely poos. Steve said she was fine and active when he checked the buns at 1 am :?

She is moulting badly so I am hoping that may have caused a simple stasis that we can easily treat, I couldn't bear for it to be anything more serious, not yet.

Rang the vets straight away, who said get her straight there. So she was at the vets within 10 minutes of her being found poorly. Just waiting for news from steve now as I need to stay here to do mushy breakfast for the tooth root gang.

Last edited:
She has been admitted :cry:

They are giving her all the usual stasis treatment just so that side of it is covered but she will also be having a range of diagnostics done to find out if the underlying cause is cancer spread :cry:

I feel sick :(

But if it is bad news at least we will be able to make the best decision for her and if it is nothing too serious then she is getting the right treatment and will be home soon, I hope

She's become such a star I'd almost forgotten she had cancer. :oops: Poor Fifi, I hope she will be able to be kept comfortable for longer, but know you will do right by her. xxx

Steve is home and thankfully Juliet saw Fifi, who is the vet that saved her from pts and operated on her, so we know she will fight hard for her.

But Juliet says it doesn't present as a 'normal' stasis and Fif come across as a very unwell bunny :cry::cry:

Just spoken with Juliet.

They are very concerned as she has gone into shock, her temp is 34 degrees and she is dehydrated :shock::( Her blood result are back and don't give us a lot of clues, every thing is OK except her white blood cells which are slightly abnormal but nothing too bad :?

She is being gently warmed up and given IV fluids plus all the meds she needs.

They will call back if she deteriorates or I will ring later this afternoon if I haven't heard anything, so at the moment no news will be good news.

If there is no change by morning we will x-ray or US to see if the cancer has spread to her intestines or stomach. Its unlikely to have spread to her liver as liver function is fine

I'm sorry to hear such an ominous update, praying that she'll turn back around soon.

Sending mega healing vibes for dear Fifi. She's come so far and has blossomed so well with you. I hope she gets better and comes back home with you soon! ((((((((((((((Hugs & vibes))))))))))))))))

Back