• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jemimah-Moomin is a little 'off' this morning.

Jaysmonkey

Wise Old Thumper
All 3 bunnies had their VHD boosters yesterday (anivac), all fine but this morning Mimah has incredibly watery mess (poo) :(, so just hay hay and more hay today for the monsters and plenty of water :(, she seems ok in herself, foot flicked me this morning and bright eyed, but even so I'm sad because she my little ginger moomin and I want her to be well :(.

I've never had an issue with VHD vaccine before, could this be a side effect for Jemimah?...they've always had lapinject prior to this, I asked for lapinject but they only had anivac and said it should be fine (I refuse cylap ;)) She's nomming hay as normal just the upset tummy that's an issue, all other bunnies are fine. :(

as you know, i know next to nothing about this sort of thing!

but didn't want to just read it and not reply.

Hope she's okay, and you have to keep us updated :) :wave:

as you know, i know next to nothing about this sort of thing!

but didn't want to just read it and not reply.

Hope she's okay, and you have to keep us updated :) :wave:

I'm sure she'll be fine , thanks Garthy! It's just I was wondering if it could be due to the vaccine? Bear in mind I only brought her home from my parents as paint fumes from decorators have subsided..so it could maybe be travelling/relocating again..but she's never had issues before :(

Hmm really don't know the ins and outs of these things but I do know that Pie had Lapinject and went so down hill after the booster we (vets and I) decided she had more of a life threatening risk when having the booster when not having it at all. But of course with Pie it's an almost guarantee that she will have a bad reaction. Not quite sure why Jemimah would have a reaction like that(?) Hope she improves :wave:

Thank you Holly and Susie :), I'm at work at the moment, but when I left this morning she was fine in herself but for the upset tummy, yesterday she was fine.. she had her vhd around 11.30am..not sure if it would have taken that long if it that. She was eating hay when I left so hopefully by tonight she'll be feeling a little easier. Thanks everyone :) xx

My 10mnth Belgian Hare Died 4 months ago 20 hours after having the Anivac vaccine. i dont vaccinate my belgian hares with it anymore, i have a Black/Tan hare doe who had no reaction at all, but both my Red Belgian Bucks have had serious Problems after receiving the jab, wouldnt want to risk loosing another one,

Back