• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New husbun for Gretel

After losing Gregory at the weekend, I have, been unsure as to what to do next. I went to look at a bunny up for adoption yesterday and cried, so feel it might be a bit soon for me, but I am more concerned about Gretel feeling lonely. So, as I'm off work this week, I am going to have a look at some potential husbuns, and hopefully Gretel and I will find 'the one'. :love: Fingers crossed I don't cry on anyone!

Good luck with the search! We looked for a new husbun for Scarlet quite soon after Boo died and felt a little bit guilty about it. I almost felt like we were betraying his memory. It was absolutely the right thing for Scarlet though, buns need other buns. Hope you find her a lovely husbun soon.

its hard to take on another bunny soon after losing one ... Ive been in this position myself several times . The hardest was when i lost my big boy Blueberry Muffin ... but fate stepped in and the perfect bun was there straight away .
It hurts ...and i creid too ...but it was the right thing to do because Hope was so ;lost on her own .

The thing is you have to look for a new adition ...not a replacement ...

good luck ... :)

Hello again, we haven't seen you in ages!!!!! But Im so so sorry to hear your sad news :cry: Gregory was one of my favourites when I first joined RU. Such sad news, big ((HUGS)) for you and nose rubs for Gretel Binky free Gregory x

Thank you. Yes, I am definitely going to struggle, but I know no bunny could ever replace Gregory - he was one of a kind! I feel for Gretel though - just left her to go get a bath and she was scratching at the door. She has never ever once done this. Gregory used to do it all the time before he had Gretel, but she never has. SO I suppose that tells me something. It's ok this week while I'm off work, but I don't want her on her own next week.

It's awful seeing one bun lonely after losing a partner :cry: I hope you find the perfect husbun for Gretel. Good luck xx

Back