• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

mewing while sleeping

bigwigbunny

Warren Scout
looking for some advice pls. bigwig sometimes makes a mewing noise while he sleeps. i don't know if this noise means he's having a bad dream, a good dream if he's in pain or happy - would appreciate all and any thoughts, ty

How old is Bigwig? It might just be snoring. My old bridge bun Frasier used to snore but the vet said it was just one of those things as there was nothing wrong with him. He little face used to twitch and his mouth would somethings chew as he was dreaming of noshing! :love:

bigwig is 3 yrs old and if it's just snoring that would be great - he is healthy and lively in all other respects. just wanted to make sure i wasn't leaving something that i should really get sorted out, bunnies can go down hill so fast if you don't react - ty for putting my mind at ease :)

Thats okay I know what its like. If you get worried just pop him to the vet to put your mind at rest. Things like sneezing and a wet nose or discharge on the paws would be a sign of illness to do with the nose/breathing. Otherwise I'd guess he was snoring. xx

Back