• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found An Ingenious Way to Cut Maxs Nails!

Gemmapookie

Wise Old Thumper
As some of you will know, Max is basically a walking stomach and will do anything for his food! So today whilst I was eating an apple and Max was uncerimoniously mugging me for it :)roll:) I took the oppurtunity to clip his nails. He doesnt mind it atall, as long as hes getting his face fed he's oblivious :thumb::thumb: This is a break through for us as Max HATES having his nails clipped and its usually very stressful for all of us.

I only did the front and back foot on one side as I didnt want him to have too much apple, I'll do the other 2 over the next couple of days.

Just to add, I wouldnt advise it on a twitchy bunny. Theres no way Id attempt it on Charlotte, Im going to have to think of another way to do her, at the moment we have to take her in the car for a drive first.

Timmy and Mimi are always angels :love: So thats 2 and a half buns done! :lol:

Well done. Aren't twitchy buns annoying :lol: I touch Pierres foot and he runs away, I think he has ticklish feet.

Well done. I've never even thought about attempting Spenser's nails. He is almost impossible to handle - I think he likes the idea of me spending money on his pedicure. :roll:

Sounds great :D I daren't cut my bunnies nails, I don't have anyone to help either really and can't hold and cut on my own. So I ask my vet to cut them when they're in for vaccs and if they need doing, it took the vet, the vet nurse and me all wearing massive gloves the vet brought out to do Beano's though, she will only just tolerate handling if it's on her terms, like I know how she prefers to be held, and she certaintly didn't want her claws being cut! :oops:

Back