• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has finally sorted where I wanna put my bunnies (:

pink.falling.stars

Warren Scout
In the front room :) need to work my socks off to make everything bunny proof xD
was thinking NIC behind the couch, with a few levels.
free range when im in the front room, which is all the time which pretty much and just set up a puppy pen in the front room when im out or the when the bunnies are not supervised with something over the top so they dont jump out.

I have one other question to do with free ranging...
In the front there are my boyfriends other animals: Tree Monitor and two Bearded Dragons which are in there housing but when my boyfriend gets hes Tree Monitor or hes Bearded Dragons, hes snakes are upstairs and he usual beings them downstairs (not all at ones LOL) to handling what should i do with my bunnies....Put them in the puppy pen for a few like 15 mins? my boyfriend only handles hes animals for 15 mins..... Also there is a free range tortoise in the front room, who is pretty shy and wouldnt hurt a fly so im guessing hes be okay with the bunnies.

When its bedtime put the bunnies in the NIC or in the puppy pen?

x

If you can, I would look to join the puppy pen and the NIC cage together when they can't be free range and just let them in or let them out as appropriate.

Yes, I would say enclose them when your boyfriend gets his other animals out.

Sounding like your plan is coming together :)

If you can, I would look to join the puppy pen and the NIC cage together when they can't be free range and just let them in or let them out as appropriate.

Yes, I would say enclose them when your boyfriend gets his other animals out.

Sounding like your plan is coming together :)

I'm getting the hang of this :) I duno if I can join them together, unless you can thing how by looking at my other thread with the images?

The other things were, the only place I can find in the Preston area for rescue center was the RSPCA, can't seem to find any others /=

And best foods for Bunnies? X

Does this help with finding a rescue? http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp Some rehome nationally aswell so it might be worth looking into them, like Honeybunnies and Greenleaf.

Your bunnies will come of a specific food and ideally they should be kept on that food until they are settled and stable at yours and then you can gradually change if you wish. Something like Science Selective, Oxbow and for some bunnies Supa Burgess Excel can be good :)

I would think it would be possible to attach the puppy pen to the cage. Yes, it might be a bit all over the lounge, but because they are movable and flexible, you can make it suit the layout you want. It will also be something you can remove and reattach as well, dependent on what your needs are.

Does this help with finding a rescue? http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/centres.asp Some rehome nationally aswell so it might be worth looking into them, like Honeybunnies and Greenleaf.

Your bunnies will come of a specific food and ideally they should be kept on that food until they are settled and stable at yours and then you can gradually change if you wish. Something like Science Selective, Oxbow and for some bunnies Supa Burgess Excel can be good :)

I would think it would be possible to attach the puppy pen to the cage. Yes, it might be a bit all over the lounge, but because they are movable and flexible, you can make it suit the layout you want. It will also be something you can remove and reattach as well, dependent on what your needs are.

true :)not sure how Honeybunnies and Greenleaf work but defo look into that :) some of the rescue ive seen and miles away or dear!

Might be best keeping them on the same food :)

I'm sure I can work something out :)

Also the tortoise is free range like i said and hes food it on the floor its usually just leafs and sometimes tortoise is it safe on the floor while there are bunnies around?

Thanks your soo much help :D

Rabbits are expensive pets, so if you're not prepared for the fact they might be dear, then you might need to reconsider.

The tortoise won't be able to have his food on the floor when the rabs are out because they will just eat it. Could you maybe a tortoise size hideyhole the bunnies can't get into and have the food in there?

Rabbits are expensive pets, so if you're not prepared for the fact they might be dear, then you might need to reconsider.

The tortoise won't be able to have his food on the floor when the rabs are out because they will just eat it. Could you maybe a tortoise size hideyhole the bunnies can't get into and have the food in there?

i know bunnies are expensive but they are worth every penny so im okay with it :)

yeah i'm sure i can sort something out :)

What sort of snakes does he have? If it's smaller snakes like corn snakes they are no risk to rabbits, BUT rabbits are a risk to them. They might attack the snake so they'd be better locked away while they're out. You could feed them at this time so they learn to go back in for their food. :)
But yeah, they might eat the tortoise's food. It will be salad, most of which is fine for rabbits but some lettuce can be bad.

What sort of snakes does he have? If it's smaller snakes like corn snakes they are no risk to rabbits, BUT rabbits are a risk to them. They might attack the snake so they'd be better locked away while they're out. You could feed them at this time so they learn to go back in for their food. :)
But yeah, they might eat the tortoise's food. It will be salad, most of which is fine for rabbits but some lettuce can be bad.

They are corn snakes, I like your idea thou :) that's what I was thinking :) the tortoise food just
grass and leaves from the back garden and a few tortoise dry food, so just gonna block that off or something x

They are corn snakes, I like your idea thou :) that's what I was thinking :) the tortoise food just
grass and leaves from the back garden and a few tortoise dry food, so just gonna block that off or something x

If it's grass and leaves then that's actually a perfect diet for rabbits. Hay and grass are just as good as each other. You have to wean rabbits onto grass as it can be very rich, especially for babies, so a little at a time to begin with. You could really feed them together and make sure there's enough food for them both if the leaves are safe for rabbits. Most are. An even crazier idea would be to grow some grass inside for them. :D

The owner of this site is also a member on here and there are loads of things you can grow for rabbits and tortoises including grass seeds.
http://www.rabbitnutrition.co.uk/

If it's grass and leaves then that's actually a perfect diet for rabbits. Hay and grass are just as good as each other. You have to wean rabbits onto grass as it can be very rich, especially for babies, so a little at a time to begin with. You could really feed them together and make sure there's enough food for them both if the leaves are safe for rabbits. Most are. An even crazier idea would be to grow some grass inside for them. :D

The owner of this site is also a member on here and there are loads of things you can grow for rabbits and tortoises including grass seeds.
http://www.rabbitnutrition.co.uk/

I like your idea :) I'm thinking to have two bunnies from a rescue :) and feed them hay, rabbit food and some veg :) x

Back