• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bun meeting cat owner

Vita

Mama Doe
Is it scary for a rabbit to meet someone who has cats and has just come from a house where the cats are?

Do reactions vary from rabbit to rabbit?

Is there any precaution I can take, or things I can have prepared, without actually stopping a cat owning friend going near Ada? (which seems too much altogether - I would like them to meet :) )

I have a cat and the bunnies dont seem to mind seeing me :lol:, they can smell her on my clothes, they are not particularly interested but like to sniff you. lol , Ada should be fine :) good luck x

My rabbits aren't remotely bothered by the smell of cats :)

I always smell of cat and I've not noticed any bunny I've met react badly to it

My Rabbits are all unused to Cats and some are terrified of them

So you are wise to take this factor into account with regards to your friend. It may be a case of just seeing how Ada reacts. If she is obviously disturbed by the smell of cats (thumping, restless, fast breathing, food refusal etc) then it would be better to have a safe place in another room for her to be confined to during your friend's visit. Ada may not be worried at all, but it is insightful of you to be prepared just in case she is.

Thanks all :)

It would have been perfectly possible for my friend to stay out of the kitchen, but in the end it wasn't at all necessary. They loved each other! Ada is quite a friendly bunny anyway, but I've never seen her like a new person this much before. She was just the same as she is with me. My friend has nearly always had pets, so I think she is good at clicking with animals.

Thanks all :)

It would have been perfectly possible for my friend to stay out of the kitchen, but in the end it wasn't at all necessary. They loved each other! Ada is quite a friendly bunny anyway, but I've never seen her like a new person this much before. She was just the same as she is with me. My friend has nearly always had pets, so I think she is good at clicking with animals.

Great news :D

Back