• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding my bereived bunny

ursula

New Kit
Hi, I was advised to copy my post to this forum for more responses.

Wow, I can't believe I'm even having to write this but here we go.

I came back from holiday this morning to find my mum in tears, one of my bonded English lop sisters Jamima died suddenly on Tuesday morning, My partner and I are absolutely heartbroken, less then a year old and our gorgeous girl was taken from us. Now this leaves our grieving Flopsey, she is not the same, she's not eating and has been very very quiet. We left Jamimas body in her room for a few hours to get Flopsey to understand the death of her sister and she has seemed to perk up, eating some straw and a few treats, She just is so depressed, and I hate to watch her alone (I'm in tears whilst writting this)e Flopsey is an Indore bunny with her own room and the run of the house, I feel we need to get her another bunny as I couldn't stand to see her like this for much longer,

Can anyone give some advise on getting another bunny, bonding if it should be male or female. Or if Flopsey should be left. I only have her best intrests at heart.

Thank you RIP my gorgeous girl Jamima <3 xxx

Welcome to the forum, i'm so sorry it's under such sad circumstances.

I see you have some good advice on your other thread, so I won't reiterate, just say be careful that grief doesn't make Flopsey ill because that's not uncommon and can be serious and nasty.

I hope you manage to find her a friend soon.

Binky Free Jamima x

Back