• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone in Colchester/Ipswich know who this is?

Don't know her but I can't see how they are all rescued...I don't know, something about it screams breeder, prehaps one giving stock up as guinea pigs at 3 weeks old, and 18 month old pigs just seems like parents and babies.

I'll post it on the guinea pig forum that sister site to this for now, see if that can get us anywhere.

Maybe, but I guess just take it as face value unless proved otherwise, but have the awareness that it might not be what it seems.

Not familiar with anything from out that way as a regular thing like breeder style or anything. I havent seen anything on the ones I usually look at like adtrader/preloved but dont usually check gumtree. Cant say ive seen anything in any shops but then we are a bit far if its over colchester side, I tend not to go further that way than ipswich :oops:

I think it's a bit weird that they're all so young.. I would have expected rescues to be a wider age range, unless she's keeping the oldies.. :?

Last edited:
Guinea Pig Forum deleted it....which was helpful :?

If they were oldies I'd probably be able to help more but even then its come at a bad time for me money/space wise - earliest I could take any in would be Mayish and even then was looking for eldies as can't promise 5-8 years to any animal right now :(

Don't worry Char. I wasn't looking for anyone to take any in, so please don't think I was.

I just had no idea who she was and she seems to be around here somewhere and didn't know if anyone knew of her. If she is genuine, then I'd like to help (maybe bunny runs? promoting? Seeing if the RSPCA or whoever might be able to help), but I'm not going to offer unless I knew for sure. If someone, somewhere had known her and knew she was genuine then that would have helped me work out what to do.

How sad, sounds like a lot of animals to find homes for! It is a little odd they are all young, but we cant say what the situation is.
I don't know of any breeders out that way, it's tricky if it were a preloved ad I might have seen the user name before. I always check the site for hutches, Im still looking to improve my set up.

No I haven't heard of her?! I know of a backyard breeder in Colchester but the map on Gumtree is in a different location!

I don't think it's all that odd that they are all quite young, the MMC survey last year showed that the vast, vast majority of bunnies are given up within one year, so the profile of rabbits in rescue is quite different to that of cats or dogs.

My reading of her advert is not that she is a rescue shutting down, but that she is an individual who has taken in ("rescued") animals from other people to keep as pets herself, rather than buying pets. Hopefully all these animals will get to go to decent forever homes rather than just being given away to whoever turns up looking for a free pet first :(

Back