• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Longer claws for traction

Vita

Mama Doe
I'd been thinking for a couple of weeks that Ada could do with a claw trim soon.
But I've noticed more recently that the longer claws, whilst spiky when she climbs on me, give her better traction on the smooth bits of the floor, meaning she rarely skids about on them now.

So I'm wondering if it might actually be okay - or even make things more enjoyable and less slippery for her - to leave the claws for quite a while longer. This isn't some kind of neglect for convenience sake, is it?

If they don't seem to be affecting the way she walks or causing her discomfort, and they don't look at risk of splitting then I'd say they're ok. It's tough to tell with bunnies though.
Maybe post a photo of what sort of length they are now so people can get a better idea?

BattleKat, have you any idea how difficult that is when you have a bun who rarely sits still AND thinks the camera is more interesting to sniff than the fenugreek crunchie you're holding in your other hand? :D :D

Here are some rather blurred pictures of her dainty little feet:

IMG_1889.jpg

IMG_1888.jpg

IMG_1886.jpg

It's hard to believe that not sliding around doesn't have some benefits for her.

Back