• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Vibes please?

As some of you will know, the past 2 holidays I went on last year, I lost a bunny each time :cry: My worst nightmare happened twice! :cry: I have a fear of going now and leaving them but my parents wont allow me to stay home alone - understandable! But I am so so worried that I will lose another bunny. :( Bad luck usually happens in threes, I lost Jasper, next holiday Blossom. Oh God it can't happen again please. I'm going away for a week soon, only an hour away from home and family members will be looking after my pets. I trust them but I'm so nervous it's un-real. Please can we have vibes that Mischief, Tinker, the piggies and my cat will be ok? :(

*My bunnies went to a boarding place last time and they couldn't have gone to a better place to stay; I fully trust the people who looked after them and it was down to health problems with my rabbits that they sadly passed away and it was such a sad coincidence that they both died there at the separate times. :( It was awful for the people who looked after them. :cry: So please don't think it was anything to do with who my rabbits were being cared by as to why they passed away.*

Aww I would be nervous too if that had happened! I'm nervous staying away just one night, and that's never happened to me! Sending lots of healthy calm vibes in your bunnies (and other animals) direction xxx

Oh my, this is my worst nightmare too :cry: I'm so sorry you've had to go through this not only once but twice, can't even imagine what it must've been like, I understand that you are nervous *hugs* Sending lots of vibes that the little ones will be ok! xxx

I would be nervous too, its understandable given what you went through before. So sending lots of vibes. Do your family members know they can come on RU for advice and we will help if we can?

Lots of vibes for the buns, piggies and the cat. I hope you can relax and enjoy your holiday without worrying too much xx

Thank you so much everyone. On my 2nd holiday I jumped every time the phone rang in case it was something to do with the animals being ill or that I'd lost them; when the boarder did actually ring to let us know Blossom had passed away I was distraught. It's awful. :cry:

I would be nervous too, its understandable given what you went through before. So sending lots of vibes. Do your family members know they can come on RU for advice and we will help if we can?

Thank you, no they don't, I will let them know about here. :)

Completely understandable to worry like this. I hope they will all be fine and healthy when you come back.

It's completely understandable but I'm sure all your pets will be completely fine :wave: Have a nice holiday anyway xx

I get nervous to leave my Moo just for a couple of hours! So I understand! They'll be fine! Enjoy your holiday!

lots of vibes...I'm sure they will be fine, but I know how you feel. The first time I went camping, I only went 10 mins away as a practice run, and ended up coming back twice a day to make sure their automatic feeders were working...and I was only going for a weekend.

Oh hunni big hugs .. Will be thinking of you and all you're furry babies whilst you're away. Jasper and Blossom had an amazing life with you especially with what you rescued Blossom from.

Hope you manage to relax whilst you're away and that the furrys give you lots of cuddles when you get back :) xx

Thank you everyone, I'm home now and the bunnies and other pets are fine. :love: They seemed happy to see me. :D We went to the Peak District and took our guide dog puppy Homer, it was a nice trip but I really missed the bunnies!

As some of you will know, the past 2 holidays I went on last year, I lost a bunny each time :cry: My worst nightmare happened twice! :cry: I have a fear of going now and leaving them but my parents wont allow me to stay home alone - understandable! But I am so so worried that I will lose another bunny. :( Bad luck usually happens in threes, I lost Jasper, next holiday Blossom. Oh God it can't happen again please. I'm going away for a week soon, only an hour away from home and family members will be looking after my pets. I trust them but I'm so nervous it's un-real. Please can we have vibes that Mischief, Tinker, the piggies and my cat will be ok? :(

*My bunnies went to a boarding place last time and they couldn't have gone to a better place to stay; I fully trust the people who looked after them and it was down to health problems with my rabbits that they sadly passed away and it was such a sad coincidence that they both died there at the separate times. :( It was awful for the people who looked after them. :cry: So please don't think it was anything to do with who my rabbits were being cared by as to why they passed away.*

This. Of course it is understandable you will be on edge but I feel it's important for you to do this or you might never feel comfatable not leaving your animals ever and that's a bit extreme. I work in a cattery and occassionally I've have owners with very old animals who worry they may pass. I always say ' what will happen, will happen whether you are here or not. They get 24 hr care and vet on call. You know if they so much as sneeze their to the vets, I take no chances. '

It's happened to me so I do understand. One of my rabbits collapsed just as I was about to catch my plane on my honeymoon. I felt awful leaving her with my dad but it was the same outcome... I spent the entire flight sobbing, much to the distress of my husband. It was horrid, but it was one of those things. Timeing could have been better but that's life I'm afraid. Please don't let it stop you having a good holiday :thumb:

Back