• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Black bunny going grey!

Furry-Holic

Alpha Buck
My black lion head x seems to be going grey mainly on her mane and fluffly bits around her bum...do rabbits go grey as they get older like we do? It does look very cute! xx

Yes, I think this is quite common in black bunnies. I have a sponsor bunny who has black fur with grey bits. He is at least 9 years old, but I've heard of black bunnies showing a little grey much younger.

Yes, I think this is quite common in black bunnies. I have a sponsor bunny who has black fur with grey bits. He is at least 9 years old, but I've heard of black bunnies showing a little grey much younger.

I'm not sure how old she is as she is a rescue bun but at a guess I'd say she's probably around 3 - 4 so still a youngish girl really..I like the grey bits it gives her character.x

I saw a little grey hair on Bella's back the other day.....but don't tell her, I promised not to mention it to anyone! :lol:

Is she moulting? My lionhead buck is black and when he moults he has grey fur at the bottom and looks like a scruff pot :lol:

ETA: See what I mean, scruffy but adorable :lol:

Img746401EF.jpg

Last edited:
My black bunny is going white around the edges but she is nearly ten so its no surprise, how is your bunny?

Is she moulting? My lionhead buck is black and when he moults he has grey fur at the bottom and looks like a scruff pot :lol:

Img746401EF.jpg

Aww he is adorable :love: yes I have noticed she's started moulting maybe this is why she's going grey.x

I used to have two black bunnies, they went brown more than grey.

Img746401EF.jpg

Awww! Too cute! :love:

Aww he is adorable :love: yes I have noticed she's started moulting maybe this is why she's going grey.x

If you can easily pull away the grey fur then shes definately moulting, I prefer carefully picking it away with my fingers than using a comb and he is alot more relaxed that way.

If you can easily pull away the grey fur then shes definately moulting, I prefer carefully picking it away with my fingers than using a comb and he is alot more relaxed that way.

The grey bits of fur are at the ends of her mane so I can't really pull them away and I don't want to cut it as I like her lion look :D The moulting fur seems to be black. x

Back