• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Worried about indie

Chesterx123

Young Bun
She had her spay today and op went well. She is a really really shy bunny and doesn't like to be near anyone she doesn't know and trust. The vets rang me and said she was extremely stressed out and they were finding it difficult to handle her.
I picked her up and brought her home. She is in her cage with lots of hay, pellets and greens to try and get her to eat something.
So far she hasn't touched a thing. I know she is in lots of pain but I'm worried.
The vets give me fibreplex to feed her on the night, but I put her on my knee in a towel as recommended but she kicked and fussed until the fibreplex went on the floor and I had to put her down incase she did herself more damage! She hasn't had a drink either even tho I've tried...

Make sure she's had painkillers. Count out about twenty pellets and count each piece of veg so you can check in the morning if she's eaten anything. If not ring the vets tomorrow to get painkillers to take home.

Offer fresh herbs like parsley, they seem to go down well after a spay and give her all her favourite treats to tempt her to eat. Otherwise you will have to think about syringe feeding tomorrow.

Thank you.
She has ate veg this morning and a couple of pellets. She's hopping round her cage this morning too and I've seen her have a drink.

Back